Rae: First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Mocha Peppermint Latte 🙂 ! What would you order?
Scott: IRN BRU of course.
Rae: How were your holidays? Did you have any special plans?
Scott: Do nothing. Ha ha it’s been a hard year.
Rae: Any family traditions? Or do you gather your loved ones and set off for a family adventure?
Scott: Just spending time together drinking and eating yum yum.
Rae: For those who are unfamiliar with your work, you have appeared on the stage, film and TV. You are also involved in the Bathgate Regal Community Theatre. Can you tell us a little bit about the Bathgate Regal Community Theatre and your role in Theatre?
Scott: Basically I manage the day to day running of the theatre but I’m keen to be more involved with the artistic side of things, but at the moment its just not possible as running the theatre takes up most of my time. http://www.bathgateregal.org/scott-kyle/
Rae: How do you balance your work at the theatre company while filming a movie or TV show?
Scott: The theatre support my acting as I’m a good role model for our children, youth theatre and HNC students.
Rae: You’ve also appeared in films and TV, most recently in Outlander (Season 2.) I loved your role as Ross, were you familiar with the series by Diana Gabaldon before you auditioned?
Scott: No I had to look up season one before my audition.
Rae: What was it like to step “inside” novel with such a huge fan-base?
Scott: I still don’t think it has hit me yet that I was on the show, pretty surreal.
Rae: The sets and costumes were absolutely breathtaking. What was your most memorable moment while filming Outlander?
Scott: So many but I enjoyed the battle scenes as they had so many moving parts.
Rae: As we start 2017 – where can we expect to see you?
Scott: I’m working with the National Theatre of Scotland developing a new play and doing a workshop with Fraser Murdoch for our Animated project BAB – The man who took too much.
Rae: I had so much fun having you here today and I wish you a fabulous year of fun and adventure. I also hope we see Ross again in Season 3 of Outlander!
***** Tasty Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book and why? Outlander of course because I’m in the TV show.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Picture house pub.
3. Castles or Beaches? Beaches.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I have adopted (stole) my neighbors cat.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? Hard Rock & Rolling Stones.
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? Dubai.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Chinese Food.
8. What are you afraid of? Snakes.
9. Tats or No Tats? No tats.
10. Organized or Free Floating? Free Floating.
11. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Binge – Vikings.
12. What’s on your playlist? Stereophonics, Rod Stewart.
13. What play or musical do you want to see next? Black Witch about the Scottish Regiment.
14. Are you a crafter or tinker? Crafter.
15. What is your best tip for relaxing? Meditation.
16. What is your favorite TV show and why? Outlander – I’m in it.
17. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, produce or act, which book would it be? Cloe Moss – The way home.
18. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? The Rock, Sean Connery.
19. Would you rather see a movie in the theatre or at home on DVD and why? Movie theatre as I get to turn my phone off.
20. What is one thing you can’t live without? My Wife Karen.
21. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? Eat out.
22. If you could invite 5 people to dinner (not friends and family – that’s too easy) who would it be? The Beatles and Stephen Walters.
23. Motorcycle or Bicycle? Motorcycle.
24. If you could try any career for a day, what would it be? Stunt man.
25. Who do you admire and why? My mum – she’s my hero.
Thanks again for hanging out! Time for another Latte 🙂
Official Bio provided by Scott Kyle:
Scott has a string of stage, film and TV credits to his name, and most recently in the American TV series Outlander (Season 2). Scott has full time work as Artistic Director and Manager of the Regal, using his annual leave to do film and other acting work. But he got here the hard way; he spent years touring with his own theatre company, is aware of the high unemployment rates of actors and is passionate about improving prospects for young actors and getting people into theatres.
Four years ago he was asked if he could help turn around the fortunes of the Regal Theatre. Drawing on his experience as an actor, producer and marketeer, he has made it an act-friendly venue, and does everything in his power to get people into the theatre to experience a live show. Initiatives he has promoted include the Regal Academy of Performing Arts, the Regal Film Academy, Tech School, Regal Radio and monthly comedy nights. He has many ideas for the way forward and utilises his contacts from within the entertainment industry to bring some big names to Bathgate.
He was in the BAFTA-nominated film Kajaki in 2014 and has worked with some great directors and producers in recent times. But what he really wants is for you to go come along to the Regal, support the little theatre companies and the students he is training here, and most importantly, enjoy live theatre at a great local venue!
Scott attended The City of Glasgow College where he studied Acting and Performance (NQ, HNC, HND). During his studies he received a number of awards for his entrepreneurial skills.
2009 – The Enterprising Student Award 2009.
Kajaki is a British War Film based on actual events during the Afghan War. It was released in cinemas on 28th November 2014, and received a BAFTA nomination for “Outstanding Debute by a British Writer, Director or Producer” at the 2015 BAFTAS
Now, I am offering up ONE Kindle Fire 7″ donated by the generous Barbara Devlin in honor of my new site!
All you have to do is leave a comment on the blog to be entered to win and then check out the rafflecopter for additional ways to enter (Open to US Residents only!)
Contest ends 1/14/17 at 12:00 AM EST
One winner will be randomly selected from all entries (comments on the blog and rafflecopter) and posted on 1/14/17. Winner will have 24 hours to comment/respond or a new winner will be selected.