Today Author Delancey Stewart is in the cafe to dish about Thanksgiving and what it means to her.
I am grateful to the readers, authors, and everyone in booklandia who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Be sure to check the blog often for lots of inspiration and reasons to be thankful.
Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Author Delancey Stewart
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Every Thanksgiving we go to Carmel, CA. My husband’s family has been meeting there for a week at Thanksgiving his entire life (and most of his mom’s) and now my whole family comes too. It’s my favorite place in the world and my favorite holiday since both of our families — and most of the extended parts of each! — comes for some part of the week.
2. How do you decorate your table and your home? I don’t really decorate for Thanksgiving since we always travel, but I have a fall table runner and a bunch of mini pumpkins I like to put out on the dining room table with some candle holders. I try to keep my dining room table decorated, but my husband and two sons see the dining room as project space, so more often than not, my decor gets shifted to a pile in favor of tools, monitors, wires and various other pieces of generalized dude crap.
3. My favorite hostess gift is… WINE or chocolate.
4. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it? I love it when everyone gets sent home with a little box of their favorite stuff. I love a turkey sandwich with stuffing and cranberry on the day after!
5. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? Online only and not specifically on Black Friday. I don’t even know how to shop in real stores anymore.
6. I am thankful for healthy children and a family that loves to see us enough to invite us every year!
BIO: I’m Delancey Stewart – contemporary romance author! My books run the gamut of settings and setups, but they always deliver humor, heart and heat. It’s a guarantee.
I write from my home outside Washington DC, where I manage a household full of boys and men. Okay, only one man. The hubs. But two boys. I mean, three if you count the hubs. (You see why I do words and not numbers. I was told there’d be no math in this bio. Someone lied.)
I grew up in California and have had more jobs than anyone on earth (personal trainer, pharmaceutical rep, copywriter, tech writer, marketing director, wine seller, elementary school teacher… I’m not kidding. The list. It goes on.) But the one I love the most is writing, in part because I get to meet people who love books and stories as much as I do! Please don’t hesitate to get in touch to say hello, and don’t forget to join my newsletter!
Get the first book in my sports romcom series, MR. MATCH — absolutely free by joining my weekly email here: https://www.subscribepage.com/delanceystewart
Check out Delancey’s Backlist and while your feast is cooking, dive into a book adventure!
Please note that Books I Love A Latte participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. If you click on the link and purchase the featured book and/or anything else during that shopping session, Books I Love A Latte will receive a small percentage at no cost to you. Any profit earned from this transaction is given directly back to readers via giveaways (gift cards, books, etc.) Thank you in advance for your continued support.
Click on the link here for these fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.