Welcome newbies and seasoned readers to Authors Dish. With only three and a half weeks until Thanksgiving, Authors are dishin’ their favorites.
I am grateful for readers, authors, and everyone who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we plan to share plenty of reasons to be thankful so be sure to check the blog often. Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Today in the cafe is Author Jessica Ruddick
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? My family doesn’t have any strong Thanksgiving traditions because we rotate the holiday among different family members every year. But there is one thing that stands out–sweet potato casserole. Thanksgiving is the only time we have this dish. The recipe was passed down from my uncle’s mother, who was a true Southern Belle.
2. How do you decorate your table and home? I’m not really big on decorating for holidays other than Christmas. I simply don’t have the time! When I host Thanksgiving, I usually have a full house, around twenty people, so we serve the meal buffet style with the finest Chinet plates. No table decorations needed. 🙂
3. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it? Leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving! When I host it, that means I don’t have to cook for the next week! I usually make turkey potpie out of the turkey leftovers, but everything else we simply reheat and eat.
4. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? Definitely online fun. Black Friday has become kind of a misnomer–sales start earlier and earlier every year. Most online sales start the Monday before Thanksgiving, and if you don’t get your order in then, the items go out of stock. So I usually spend all of Thanksgiving week doing online Christmas shopping so that I only have to pick up a few odds and ends in December.
6. I am thankful for…My family, my dogs, my husband’s support of me as a writer, and my bestie Marnee Blake. I am truly blessed.
Bio: Award-winning young adult and romance author Jessica Ruddick lives in Virginia with her college-sweetheart husband, two rambunctious sons, and two rowdy but lovable rescue dogs. Since her house is overflowing with testosterone, it’s a good thing she has a healthy appreciation for Marvel movies, Nerf guns, and football. Learn more about Jessica at jessicaruddick.com.
Check out Jessica Ruddick’s backlist and while your feast is cooking, dive into a book adventure!
Click on the link here for fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.