Welcome newbies and seasoned readers to Authors Dish. Thanksgiving will be here Thursday and Authors are still dishin’ their favorites.
I am grateful for readers, authors, and everyone who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we plan to share plenty of reasons to be thankful so be sure to check the blog often. Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Today in the cafe is Author Tarina Deaton
Author Tarina Deaton
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Eating. lol. We don’t have a lot of Thanksgiving traditions. Being a military family, it was always hard to have the big family gatherings. But family is also what you make it, so I always try to invite single service members over for dinner and make sure they aren’t alone during the holiday.
2. How do you decorate your table and home? I am not a big decorator. I hang a seasonal wreath and that’s about it. Besides, too many decorations on the table take up space that could be used for FOOD!
3. My favorite hostess gift is… Wine or dessert.
4. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it?
If we have single Airmen over, I always try to send some home with them, but otherwise I have left overs for the next few days.
5. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? My sister dragged me Black Friday shopping one time and I swore I’d never do it again. There really isn’t anything I want bad enough to deal with the crowds. I much prefer to wait for Cyber Monday.
6. I am thankful for…
Tarina is still active duty and a single mom of six-year-old twins. Her favorite hobby is sleep. She has delusions of retiring from the military and being a stay-at-home mom.
Check out Tarina’s backlist after you’ve put all your dishes in the oven or while you’re cooking!
Click on the link here for fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.