Welcome newbies and seasoned readers to Authors Dish. With only three and a half weeks until Thanksgiving, Authors are dishin’ their favorites.
I am grateful for readers, authors, and everyone who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we plan to share plenty of reasons to be thankful so be sure to check the blog often. Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Today in the cafe is Author Tina DeSalvo.
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition: There’s so many!! It’s hard to pick a “favorite” tradition when there are so many things that we do year after year that are part of the delightful whole. When I close my eyes and think of them all, I see snippets of what gives me the greatest joy. I’ll share a few- Having my husband’s warm fingers wrap around my hand when the family gathers around the table for grace and to share what we are grateful for. Seeing the shinning eyes of my grandchildren and their uninhibited smiles on their beautiful faces when I sneak them a taste of desert before dinner is served. The relaxed and happy expressions on the faces of all the generations as the one-on-one or small group conversations ate fully underway in the living room and kitchen. Yes, the gumbo and pecan pies are served every year… but the tiny moments is what makes Holidays memorable.
2. How do you decorate your table and home? I keep things simple. I fill my home with fresh flowers and arrangements with pumpkins. I also have Glass and ceramic pumpkins placed around.
3. My favorite hostess gift is… Edibles. Something homemade and placed in a pretty dish to leave behind.
4. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it?
OH NO! We never toss it. We share it with everyone there ore make plates to deliver to family and friends who were unable to join us or may be home ill. My mother-in-law likes to make Turkey Gumbo with the leftovers too. Yum!
5. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? I care about the sales, but I’ve been in the chaos on Black Friday and am not a fan. I over buy, race around for things I got excited about in the frenzy of the moment. Then I have a heated basketball goal or perfume that smells like beer or some such craziness with no one to gift it to. Lol. I admire those who really make it a family or friend event!
6. I am thankful for…Love. Life. Family. Friends. Readers.
Bio: Tina DeSalvo, is a fresh, humorous voice in romance. She brings her knowledge and passion for the culture and people of Cajun Country (where she lives) and New Orleans (where she grew up) to her Second Chance Novel series (and adds a bit of mystery to it too)- Elli, Jewell, Abby, Hunt for Christmas,Out-lanta and Rachel. Other books byTina include Christmas at the Inn on Cloud Hill and The Bluff, a short story inThe Haunted West anthology. She loves to write, but she especially loves spending time with readers. Learn more about Tina at tinadesalvo.com
Check out Tina DeSalvo’s backlist and while your feast is cooking, dive into a book adventure!
Click on the link here for fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.