Welcome newbies and seasoned readers to Authors Dish. With only three and a half weeks until Thanksgiving, Authors are dishin’ their favorites.
I am grateful for readers, authors, and everyone who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we plan to share plenty of reasons to be thankful so be sure to check the blog often. Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Today in the cafe is Author Kimberly Kincaid
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? As often as possible, we watch the Macy’s parade. I just love seeing all the floats and the performers, and my girls love it, too. It’s like our pregame for the day!
2. How do you decorate your table and home? The table is pretty simple, because we are usually a big crew and start out buffet style, then cram whatever plates we can onto the table for passing around. My house has a mix of decorations from my childhood and newer things that I’ve seen and loved. We do have cozy blankets on every couch and chair for after-meal snoozing, though!
3. My favorite hostess gift is… Something we can all share during the meal/visit, whether that be a pumpkin pie or a really warm smile and hug.
4. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it? Oh, we share! We eat really clean for most of the year, so it’s hard for me to have too many leftovers of a decadent meal without falling out of my routine. But every year that we host, Mr. K makes the turkeys in our smoker, and every year, I make the most delicious turkey stock and turkey noodle soup with the leftovers from the birds. So, so, so good!
5. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? I shop in person early, then online after a nap at home. Some of the best fun I’ve had my my sisters in law and mother in law and niece have been Black Friday shopping. We just bundle up and grab coffee (tea for me!) and go, go, go. It’s a blast!
6. I am thankful for… good food, great friends, and big love. I’m blessed to have all of them.
Bio: Kimberly Kincaid writes contemporary romance that splits the difference between sexy and sweet and hot and edgy romantic suspense. When she’s not sitting cross-legged in an ancient desk chair known as “The Pleather Bomber”, she can be found practicing obscene amounts of yoga, whipping up anything from enchiladas to éclairs in her kitchen, or curled up with her nose in a book. Kimberly is a USA Today best-selling author and a 2016 and 2015 RWA RITA® finalist and 2014 Bookseller’s Best nominee who lives (and writes!) by the mantra that food is love. Kimberly resides in Virginia with her wildly patient husband and their three daughters.
Check out Kimberly Kincaids’ backlist and while your feast is cooking, dive into a book adventure!
Click on the link here for fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.