Morgan Brice/Gail Z. Martin is ready to get dirty for readers near and far. In case you missed my recent Coffee With the Authors in the Anthology Trick or Treat at Caynham Castle click here
it’s time to discover a few tasty tidbits about Morgan Brice. How would you answer?
1. What is your must read book and why? There are so many! I’m going to stick with, “Oh, The Places You’ll Go!” by Dr. Seuss because even now, it cheers me up.
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite? Meadville, PA. Fancy food–Chovy’s. Casual and pizza, Valenza’s. (Italian food is a big deal.)
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? My first paying job was as a graveyard shift DJ at a radio station
4. What is your guilty pleasure? Sleep
5. What are you afraid of? Running out of coffee
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? Not yet. Never say never.
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? I usually just rewatch Supernatural. But I did peek over my Kindle to sort-of-watch The Witcher, Warrior Nun, It’s Okay Not to Be Okay, and a few others.
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? I’d love to see a good series made from the Harry Dresden series.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Coffee!
10. What’s the one career gives you the shudders? Crime scene clean-up
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see? I still pack a purse that could get me through a week stranded in the Alps.
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use? Twitter!
Find our more about Morgan Brice here.
Nancy Northcott is ready to get dirty for readers near and far. In case you missed my recent Coffee With the Authors in the Anthology Trick or Treat at Caynham Castle click here
it’s time to discover a few tasty tidbits about Nancy Northcott.
1. What is your must read book and why?
To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s a timeless story about justice and family.
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite?
You’re in Davidson, NC, where you’ll stop in at the M&M Soda Shop for a chicken salad sandwich and a big orangeade. (At least, that’s what I used to have. No idea whether they’re still on the menu, but if you have a wayback machine, you’re set!)
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you?
I read comic books.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
Ginger ale float with chocolate ice cream.
5. What are you afraid of?
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one?
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)?
Weekly – NCIS:LA, Supergirl, Blue Bloods, Chopped.
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )?
Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts – I love the “found family” of the smokejumpers, the developing romance, and the action.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without?
Companionship of friends and family.
10. What’s the one career that gives you the shudders?
Fishing boat crew person.
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see?
Lipstick (If you’ve seen me, you know I rarely wear it).
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use?
Rae: Thank you so much for joining me here at the blog. Before we start please grab a cuppa and fill it up. I’m having a cinnamon coconut almond milk latte.
What’s in your mug?
Jeanne: My usual – a grande mocha latte with extra whipped cream! (I love whipped cream)
Morgan/Gail: Coffee with cream and sweetener. I do own a latte machine, and I frequently play barista for hubby and me.
Caren: Coffee with heavy cream and coconut oil. My favorite!
Nancy: Cafe latte with a caramel shot.
Rae: With Covid impacting all of us I’m thrilled to have you all together. Don’t worry readers, we’re all socially distant, masked, and plenty of holiday scented hand sanitizer to go around.
Jeanne: I know we’re all happy to be here, talking about Trick or Treat at Caynham Castle during this fabulous spooky season.
Rae: Trick or Treat at Caynahm Castle brings us ghosts and romance, a fabulous location and another collaborative anthology dear authors. What was it like working together on this spooky edition?
Jeanne: After last year’s Christmas at Caynham Castle, we’d had so much fun with the English castle on the Welsh Marches we decided to return to Caynham Castle and Halloween was such a fun holiday, we decided to run with that.
Morgan/Gail: Lots of fun! We had such a good time doing the Christmas collection we decided that we needed to do another book, and now that we’ve done Trick or Treat, we’re looking ahead to a New Year’s edition!
Rae: How did you get in the mood while crafting your stories? Did you bake favorite treats? Listen to specific music? Drink themed beverages? Or, did you go all out and decorate your house to set the mood?
Jeanne: For me, I put on iHeart Radio’s Halloween radio. I didn’t bake, but I must confess I bought Halloween candy! (Caramels, omgosh, the caramels…) I didn’t drink themed beverages, but I considered buying some cider. As for decorating the house…you know me, Rae, it’s Halloween Town at my house from October 1 on!
Morgan/Gail: I’m always in the mood for Halloween! This time I knew my way around the castle, and the characters are ones I’ve written before, so the fun was putting them into a new location and creating some old connections for them.
Caren: Once I lit my “Stay Out Of the Forest” scented candle, which smells like pine. I suppose that could be considered inspirational.
Nancy: I drank tea, that perennial British favorite.
Rae: What can readers expect in this Anthology?
Jeanne: Readers can expect my usual paranormal suspense thrills and chills! The Christmas at Caynham Castle story, The Ghost of Christmas Past was a ghost story (Obviously! Ha!) and my story in Trick or Treat at Caynham Castle extends the discovery of a hidden passage and a secret room from Christmas of 2019 into Halloween 2020! The hero, a photographer, and the heroine, and archaeologist, team up to uncover the secrets in the secret room…but there’s magic and murder afoot! Can they solve it before Halloween?
Morgan/Gail: Readers can expect to return to the familiar people and places of the Christmas collection, but with some new faces, new relationships, and a bit more spooky stuff!
Caren: A combination of some spooky paranormal, some legends and a bit of thrilling action.
Nancy: Spies with a second chance at love, action-adventure, and international intrigue.
Rae: While crafting your stories did you chat often or just once to kick off the story and then race to the finish?
Jeanne: A mixture of both, I guess. I frequently chatted with or emailed Caren, Nancy and Gail just to be sure we weren’t overlapping stories or having characters in the same place at the same time. The collaboration in these anthologies has been one of the most fun aspects!
Morgan/Gail: Ha! We burned up the internet comparing notes, asking questions, and checking details.
Caren: We asked some questions to clarify a few things about the setting, but mostly worked on our own. Gail finished long before the rest of us, so she got to set the stage for the Halloween ball!
Nancy: We checked details with each other by email to be sure we were consistent, but we didn’t confer a lot.
Rae: Is this the end for your beloved characters or will they return in the next Caynham holiday Anthology?
Jeanne: Oh, they’ll be back! We’re already discussing which holiday to do next!
Morgan/Gail: We’re planning a New Year’s Eve edition for 2022…..
Caren: The characters in Murky Waters will definitely show up again. The story involves the characters from my Christmas story set at Caynham Castle, so I don’t imagine any of my characters will go into hiding!
Nancy: This story wraps things up for Dana and Blaine. The next visit to Caynham Castle will involve a different couple.
Rae: As with all chats in the cafe, it wouldn’t be complete without a few tasty tidbits. Thank you so much for hanging out and I can’t wait to chat again!
Jeanne: How fun! Gotta love some tidbits! I look forward to reading them!
Rae: Thank you Jeanne. Readers stay tuned. Over the next few days these fabulous Authors will share those tidbits.
Be sure to check back soon.
ONE winner will be randomly selected to receive an/e-copy from Amazon of Trick or Treat at Caynham Castle.
To enter, answer the following question below by commenting on the blog.
What is your least favorite candy and what to you is the spookiest sound that gives you shivers?
Contest runs 10/30/20 – 11/02/20 at 11:59 PM
Be sure to follow Jeanne Adams, Morgan Brice, Caren Crane, and Nancy Northcott on all social media platforms and Books I Love A Latte for more giveaways and fun!
Winner will be randomly selected and will be contacted. If winner doesn’t claim prize within 24 hours a new winner will be drawn.
** For all giveaway rules read here.
To learn more about each author click on their picture to check out their website.
Rae: Welcome to the blog. I’ve got a spiced Latte with Almond Milk and a drizzle of chocolate in my mug. What’s in your cuppa?
MS: Thank you for hosting us! Your drink sounds heavenly! I’m among the dullest people in this regard. My morning beverage is usually water, though if there’s one nearby, I’ll grab an iced coffee from Dunkin’. My go-to evening drink is a cold beer. My husband bought this excellent sour beer from RAR Brewing called Stunts. When that runs out, I’ll go back to my stash of Seaquench from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery.
Rae: Congratulations on your recent release of Lease on Love in the Anthology Love Gone Viral. I love that all the proceeds from the sale will be donated to World Central Kitchen and Feeding America. Romance fiction is so powerful and the community is so giving. I can’t wait to hear how much you all raise.
MS: Thank you! When Meg announced the project and its mission during a book club meeting she and I participate in, I jumped at the chance. It is shameful that anyone goes without food at any time and it is especially egregious that anyone goes hungry during a pandemic. If nothing else, I hope this collection brightens someone’s day. We, as readers and writers, must not forget that romance as an art form is a statement of hope and hope is revolutionary.
1. What is your must read book and why? That answer never stays the same for me. The book I currently can’t stop shouting about for everyone to read is Sarah Kendzior’s Hiding in Plain Sight: The Invention of Donald Trump and the Erosion of America. For your romance fix, I recently finished Joanna Shupe’s The Devil of Downtown and thoroughly enjoyed it.
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite? You’ll be heading to Fredericksburg, Virginia and if you want quality soft-serve ice cream, make your way to Carl’s Ice Cream.
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I’ve been writing erotica under a pseudonym since early 2016 and regardless of what I’m writing at the time, I turn to my playlist of religious choral music. Some of my best work has been produced while an all-male Russian Orthodox choir sings hymns on a low volume.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? This is gross, but I can’t get enough of dermatology procedures. I followed Dr. Pimple Popper before she got her show on TLC and am a frequent lurker on the r/popping subreddit.
5. What are you afraid of? Authoritarian creep, spiders, and needles
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? No tattoos for me. When I say I’m afraid of needles, I mean I’m one of those people who needs to lie down while getting bloodwork. In the aforementioned pimple popping videos, I either turn away or fast forward through the local anesthesia.
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? It depends. I binge-watched the first two episodes of HBO’s I’ll Be Gone in the Dark and am incredulous that I have to wait for the next one. During the lockdown, my husband got me on to Top Chef and I have been devouring that, making commentary on the dishes, which I have no business doing since I am a terrible cook.
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? I have to alter the question a little to answer this accurately. If someone from Hulu’s Harlots could get a hold of Sarah Maclean’s The Bareknuckle Bastards series and delve deeper into her depiction of Covent Garden, I’d be delighted. I’m an absolute glutton for the antics between Devil, Beast, and Grace.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Forgive the saccharine answer, but I’ve come to rely on my husband for more than I should. He’s the first person to read my work. There are, of course, numerous qualities on which I could wax poetic, but I’ll spare everyone.
10. What’s the one career gives you the shudders? Coroner or medical examiner
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see? There’s an unused Starbucks gift card in there.
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use? Twitter, for sure.
Rae: Thank you for hanging out today.
MS: Thank you so much for having me!
M Spencer is a little too excited that SCOTUS oral arguments are now available for livestream, especially since she’s not a lawyer. A bona fide bibliophile, she hides her piles of romance paperbacks in tote bags because her bookshelves are already stuffed with other titles. Her hobbies include wearing red lipstick, studying French and Russian decorative art, and replaying the Assassin’s Creed games. She is eternally grateful that she can count on the hero of her own romance to read her first drafts and point out any plot holes. She writes erotica under a pseudonym and dwells in the suburbs of Washington, D.C.
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MSpencerAuthor/
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/mspencerauthor/
Twitter at https://twitter.com/MSpencerAuthor
Trust Fund Fiancé by Naima Simone is a friends to lovers romance and from the cover alone I couldn’t wait to dive into. Two families, each with their own secrets, meddling, and expectations a plenty are just a few reasons to read this Harlequin Desire book.
In this Texas Cattleman’s Club: Rags to Riches Book 4 one will defy the odds and the other will test every limit possible. Who will resist and who will not stop until they have everything they want? Both know from family obligations and expectations. A life where others think they know best doesn’t always equate to love. Let’s not forget family scandal, secrets, and a whole lot more!
Are you ready to find out who will overcome their past, defying the odds and find a happy-ever-after? Don’t forget all the heat, sizzle and desire you need for a bookcation this weekend. Ezekiel “Zeke” Holloway and Reagan Sinclair are ready to share their story with you, all you have to do is one-click now.
When you’re done be sure to check out Naima’s extensive backlist with heroes and heroines who are looking for love and discovering themselves along the way. Caution, this scorchin hot read may lead to unexpected need to turn on the A/C.
I received a copy for a fair and honest review.
Samantha Chase is taking you back to Magnolia Sound with the release of CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE. If you love single dads and small town romances, make sure to get your copy today!
One heart isn’t ready to plant roots, the other is anchored in the harbor. Can Hunter and VIolet find the courage to love and trust?
Both have been hurt and it will take a leap of faith to find a love that lasts forever.
If they can raise the anchor and set sail together home is truly where the one you can’t live without is.
If you’re in the mood for a sinfully sweet, hotter than sweet with bedroom romance that tingles in all the right places, and a dash of spice to satisfy that slightly spicy craving this is the perfect bookcation.
I received an ARC from Inkslinger PR for a fair and honset review.
Get your copy of CAN’T HELP FALLING IN LOVE today!
Amazon | Apple | Nook | Kobo | Google Play
About SAMANTHA CHASE
Samantha Chase is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller of contemporary romance. She released her debut novel in 2011 and currently has more than forty titles under her belt! When she’s not working on a new story, she spends her time reading romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook, wearing a tiara while playing with her sassy pug Maylene…oh, and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Newsletter | BookBub