Rae: Thank you so much for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced latte with Coconut milk and a drizzle of chocolate. What would you order?
Rebecca: I’m usually a white chocolate mocha girl, extra sweet with an extra shot of espresso. Hot in the winter, iced in the summer!
Rae: We met at RT in Atlanta when I was lucky enough to find a seat at your table for the Entangled Spoons event. You have mad card skills and made my first time playing fun and memorable.
Rebecca: LOL! Candy & Spoons is INSANE. It’s fast-paced and gets a little crazy. But hey, at least no one dumped a table this year, lol!
Rae: While I had not read any of your books prior to RT I was introduced to Wilder at a Facebook party where you had a link to read the first chapter. I knew at that moment I had to get my hands on not only the book but the entire series. Since then, I have happily read all three books in the Renegades series and hope that we might see a novella for Nitro. Any chance?
Rebecca: That’s amazing to hear! I’m so glad it hooked you. I’m so sorry to say, but the Renegades will end with Rebel. I have so many projects coming up in this next year that there’s really no way I could work that into my schedule.
Rae: Where did you come up with the concept? This summer I took my family on our first cruise and can’t wait to sail again. I can only imagine how much fun it would be to travel for school, follow your passion, and find love at the same time. These stories combine adventure, love and serious heat. While I never studied abroad during college I wish I had applied for the Semester at Sea program and after reading your books, I’m sure many will be inspired too. My review of all three Renegade books can be read here.
Rebecca: Well, my best friend did Semester at Sea while she was in college, and I got all these crazy post cards from all over the globe. Then my husband and I spent 18 days cruising the Mediterranean for our 10 year anniversary and the idea just took hold and wouldn’t quit.
Rae: How much exposure to extreme sports did you have before sitting down to write Wilder? How did you research for each character? The introduction to Wilder was an adrenaline rush as a reader, would you ever do what he did? (I’m trying not to give a spoiler to readers 😉 )
Rebecca: NONE. Ohhhh my goodness, I did SO much research! I even took one of my sons and flew with him to Salt Lake City to watch the Nitro Circus World Games live to get a better idea of how it all worked. So much YouTube, so much reading, and that live event really tied it together for me!
Rae: For those not familiar with your books, can you tell us a bit about your backlist?
Rebecca: Sure! My Flight & Glory Series is military-based and follows a group of friends from college into flight school and eventually to war. My Legacy Series is made up of novellas (for now) and is about a team of hotshot firefighters rebuilding the their small town hotshot team ten years after their fathers were all killed in a wildfire.
Rae: You are a huge advocate for the foster community and post on social media bout your personal connection. What can you say to anyone reading this who has thought about becoming a foster family? We have family friends who have changed lives and some of those children have gone on to find their forever family. I admire what you do and the sacrifices that you and your family make to help those who are too young to advocate for themselves.
Rebecca: We absolutely advocate for the foster community. We fostered our youngest daughter for two years, and were blessed to be able to adopt her two years later. Our thoughts in being so public about our daughter, and her autism, was to open the discussion among those who follow me on my social media platforms, and really normalize foster parenting and adoption. We’re getting our own non-profit started to help kids in care and foster parents, and I can’t wait until it’s up and running!
Rae: Writing is challenging enough, how do you find the time to write with six children? You must be super organized 😉 Are you a digital planner or paper planner? I have a spiral planner for my Blog and a Bullet Journal for my family life and it’s still a challenge. Do you have one system or many to keep everything sorted?
Rebecca: Oh my gosh, I’m actually a hot mess, lol! I use a Day Designer to keep my day to day organized, along with my kids’ school schedules, soccer, cross country and hockey schedules, and of course anything going on with my husband. The military keeps him pretty busy! Because I also have ADD, I work really hard to keep everything in one central location, or I get WAY too distracted.
Rae: What can we expect to see in 2017?
Rebecca: Rebel and Nova will be my only 2017 releases, but I’m hoping to publish a passion project after Christmas, and then I have a couple super fun, but super secret projects coming up in 2018 that I’m waiting for the OK from my publisher to chat about!
Rae: If readers want to find you, where will you be in the upcoming months?
Rebecca: Oh! Great question! I’m so busy lately, and I LOVE to meet my readers!
September 2017 – Indies Invade Philly
October 2017 – Love N Vegas
January 2018 – 1001 Dark Nights Cruise (Cozumel)
February 2018 – Holidays with the Belles (Texas)
March 2018 – Apollycon (Washington DC)
Rae: I am thrilled you were able to join me today and look forward to your next release.
Rebecca: No problem! Thank you for having me, and for taking the time to read and review my books! I truly appreciate it!
***** 8 Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book and why? The Hate U Give – It is truly eye-opening and made me ask myself uncomfortable questions, especially since I’m raising a biracial daughter.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Garden of the Gods. It’s a geological wonder and truly beautiful to behold.
3. Castles or Beaches? Beaches
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I went to college on a vocal scholarship, but I only sing in the car. 😉
5. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go?
Bora-Bora…and I’d find a reason, lol!
6. What is your guilty pleasure? Sleeping. Hands down.
7. What are you afraid of? Class A’s at my front door. That’s pretty much every military wife’s worst fear.
8. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? Tats. My first was a heart with wings and a halo on my hip. I was 17, lied about my age, and I have no regrets. It really symbolized how I felt that love was a gift sent by God, and worth every sacrifice.
Rebecca: Thank you for having me!!!!
Rae: Happy Writing!
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo.
She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. She loves military heroes, and has been blissfully married to hers for fourteen years.
When she’s not writing, she’s tying hockey skates for her four sons, sneaking in some guitar time, or watching brat-pack movies with her two daughters. She lives in Colorado with the hottest Apache pilot ever, their rambunctious gaggle of kids, an English bulldog who is more
stubborn than sweet, and a bunny named General Fluffy Pants who torments the aforementioned bulldog. They recently adopted their youngest daughter from the foster system, and Rebecca is passionate about helping others do the same.
Rae: Thanks so much for hanging out with me today. We met at First Base with an author in Atlanta during RT. It was my first time at RT and one event I hope they have next year. As a reader and blogger I was introduced to so many “new to me” authors. Did you find that event overwhelming? I only wish we’d have more time with everyone, our time was not long enough. It’s a great concept, speed dating for readers ;).
Elle: I had a great time at RT and First Base With The Authors was one of the best events I had the pleasure of being a part of. I didn’t really find it overwhelming, but probably because I got to just talk, and talk, and talk. I sort of talk a lot LOL.
Rae: Congratulations on your recent release of Rescuing Miami in Kindle Worlds. I’ll be sharing my review on the blog tomorrow. How did you become involved in this crossover book project?
Elle: I had written Miami Inferno over a year ago and had introduced the hero in Rescuing Miami. I hadn’t really thought I’d write his story next until Paige asked me to write in her world. You see, Ando had a really terrible thing happen to him, which put him on a downward spiral. I decided I was going to redeem him and send him to Dallas to be “Rescued” by a female. I love strong women as well as strong men in my books.
Rae: You write contemporary, paranormal and erotic, which is the most challenging to get all the smells and feels down?
Elle: My Navy SEALs I think are the hardest to write, only because I want to be as factual as I can, while still writing a really good romance story. Yes, they all have great love scenes…I mean I love steamy LOL. But, in my paranormal worlds I get to create worlds, and my characters can do magical things, like regenerate when they’ve been shot, or stabbed etc LOL
Rae: You currently have five series and anthologies, can you tell us a little about them?
Elle: My first series was my Ravens of War, which I love and will go back to once I get my rights back at the end of 2019. They are paranormal menage and are my twist on the Greek Gods and the 12 men Zeus created to help him defeat his father Cronus. Once they were no longer needed, he sent them to Earth to find their happily ever afters. Fast forward to present day, and Zeus needs those men to help him find his stolen daughter who Cronus has somehow taken and hidden on Earth. That is book 1 Selena’s Men.
Next came my Mystic Wolves. I love shifters, and bad boys with tattoos and bikes. They just sort of popped up in my head. First Zayn and Cora, who I loved. I introduced the little Nolan who was Zayn’s nephew and the alpha’s son so of course Niall needed a story, especially since he’d lost his mate. From there Jett, who was like the shifter version of Magic Mike came. I then was asked to write for a antho sort of with some other ladies. They wanted another “Accidental” shifter.
So, I thought how could I write another without it being like Zayn’s. BAM Lyric’s Accidental Mate came to me. I mean, how cool to have a female shifter save the big bad guy who just happens to be an ex-SEAL. Now we move into a whole new world. I had no clue I’d find myself writing the Iron Wolves and crossing them with my Mystic, but with my crazy FEY QUEEN, and yes you have to capitalize her, one just has to go with it.
Now, from Lyric there was Rowan’s SEAL Team who clearly needed stories LOL. Oh, and let’s not forget they don’t know about paranormal, so I decided to make them completely non-para. (OH MY GOD) that is so hard, but I did it pretty seamlessly after Delta Salvation “I think”.
Then there is my SmokeJumpers series which is a series of the elite Firefighters who go out to the big fires in forests and such. My guys are a little bit of everything, with each story being different. I plan to finish the trilogy by the end of the year (fingers crossed) I have books 1 and 2 FireStarter and Berserkers Rage, plus A SmokeJumpers Christmas which is a follow up to the first two that’s a free out now.
I also wrote Wild and Dirty in Mari Carr’s Kindle World which so far is a stand alone ménage, but I may write another later in 2018. Um, I think that’s it…Oh, my latest book in my Iron Wolves just released on 8-22-17 so I officially have 25 books out plus a freebie <3
Rae: Where can readers find you in the upcoming months?
Elle: I’ll be home writing my fingers off with my next book in my SEAL Team Phantom hopefully releasing on time in October, followed by the first of my spin-off from my Iron Wolves The Dark Legacy series with the Fey Queen’s story in November.
Rae: Where can readers find you on social media?
Elle: Links for where they can find me are right here <3
****** Tasty Tidbits *****
1. A Must read book and why? Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love all her books, but this is one of my all time favorites. It answers questions, and gives us more. Plus it’s ASH LOL.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Oh, wow. Well, I live where the Pony Express started and Jesse James ended so you can do a two-fer.
3. Best vacation destination? Disney World. I love that place even as an adult.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I carry a blanket with me everywhere I go. I’ve had it since I was a baby. It has a silky edge all the way around it and I can’t go anywhere without it.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? I love all music, but my all-time fav is Metallica. James Hetfield is soo sexy.
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world where would you go? Hawaii. I so want to go there and just take in the beautiful islands and experience the waterfalls, and island life.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Reading.
8. What are you afraid of? Spiders, snakes, and losing my kids. Okay, my kids for real…but creepy crawly and slithering things too LOL
9. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? I have many tats. My first one is actual a bunch of falling books on my back with different symbols on them.
10. Organized or Free Floating? Totally organized. I might be a wee bit OCD. Like everything has a place or I get a little panicky LOL
11. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? I don’t watch much TV, but when I do, I prefer to NetFlix it all in one go.
12. What’s on your playlist? Oh, my playlist is crazy. From Metallica, to Lady Antebellum, to Avenge Sevenfold. All the way back to Eagles and Justin Bieber. Yeah, I am soo weird.
13. What play or musical do you want to see next? I’d love to see Wicked again. I loved it.
14. Best tip for relaxing? Meditation. Best thing in the world to do. Anytime. Anywhere. Take a few minutes and do it.
15. What’s your favorite TV show and why? Don’t really watch, but if I do, I prefer senseless things like the Real House Wives. (Trainwrecks)
16. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Hmmm, I love action movies, but I love Dirty Dancing and Road House. Patrick Swayze was amazing.
17. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? Theater…hands down. I love to go, watch, eat popcorn and leave. It’s def a guilty pleasure as well.
18. What is one thing you can’t live without? COFFEEEEE
19. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? I am not big on cooking so I’d rather go out, or have hubby cook. Either way is a win win LOL
20. Motorcycle or bicycle? Motorcycle for sure.
21. If you could try any career for a day, what would it be? Actress LOL Of course, it would be on the day I get to be with the Rock <3
22. Person or persons you admire and why? My hubby because he puts up with me and is so supportive of my career choice and is the best dad to our kids without complaint.
Rae: Thanks again for hanging out! Time for another Iced-Coffee 🙂 Happy Reading and Writing Elle!
Rae: First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an Iced Coffee with Coconut Milk. 🙂 What would you order?
Eliza: It depends on the day and hour, lol. If its morning, I’m getting a hot coffee. In the afternoon, I tend to go with ice. I am seriously into cinnamon lattes. I prefer coconut milk, but if they don’t have it, I’ll go with cream.
Rae: Thanks so much for hanging out with me today.
Eliza: Thank you so much for having me! I’m thrilled to be here–I do LOVE coffee! Yum!
Rae: Congratulations on the release of Destination Love, how did this project come about?
Eliza: Thank you so much! I’m so thrilled to be a part of it! So, about 4 years ago, I started to write my novella, Wherever You Are, for fun, after a trip to the Caribbean. I’d showed some beginning chapters to Christi and she loved them, but then deadlines got in the way, so I never finished to story. Last year, she approached me about doing an anthology and wanted me to finish that story, so I said yes!
Rae: It’s a change from the historical romance stories that you’ve released. How did you collaborate for this?
Eliza: It’s definitely a shift from my usual historical, but it is connected with another contemporary I wrote about five years ago, The Rebound Pact. Those of us involved in the set came pretty naturally. We all belong to Maryland Romance Writers, and once a month, a few of us get together for dinner, and at some point, all of us have had dinner a couple times over the years.
Rae: How are each of the stories connected?
Eliza: Every story in our anthology has characters traveling somewhere, so when readers pick up the set, they can take a journey with our characters as they fall in love.
Rae: You currently have eight series in historical romance and also write contemporary. Can you tell us a little about each? How do you keep all of your characters straight? Do you have a “Bible” or file with all the details?
Eliza: I definitely have a series bible, its important, especially for series that end up with as many books as my Stolen Bride series has, and its spin-off the Conquered Bride have (17! and another on the way!). For historical, I mostly write sexy Scottish. I have a few Regencies, westerns and ancient history as well.
Rae: When did you know that you wanted to write historical romance? Did anything from that trip wind up in your book?
Eliza: I would say I knew I wanted to write historical romance in high school. I used to write fan-fiction using characters from my favorite romance novels. But I did it for fun and shared with friends. I continued to write throughout college, developing my own stories and characters, but only for myself, until about 2006 that I started to seriously pursue a career as a novelist. I joined Romance Writers of America in early 2007.
Rae: Have you had a chance to take a research trip to Scotland?
Eliza: I have taken two research trips to Scotland and have a 3rd coming up this fall. I have also traveled to Ireland and France, and the islands. Every time I go, I have a purpose in mind, and every one of my books is laced with information or experiences I’ve had overseas, whether its the way the bark looks on a tree, how drafty a castle is, or the shape of the stones, or the smell of the ocean, it will find its way into the story.
Rae: How often do you have to travel for research to make that you have all the smells and feels down?
Eliza: I travel every 1-2 years. I take a lot of pictures/videos and I take notes. On my trip this fall, we’re immersing ourself in a coastal village with a castle up on the hill. It’s going to be amazing.
Rae: What is the biggest obstacle of publishing as an Indie author?
Eliza: I am lucky because I have a great team on the indie side of publishing, which is key. If you don’t have a good team, your job gets a lot harder. I think its important to have people who are experts in certain areas like cover design, publicity, advertising, copyrights, editing, copyediting, formatting, distribution. I want to be able to concentrate on writing. And though the business side still takes up a lot of time, its not nearly as much as it would be if I didn’t have those people in place to help me. The thing is, when you go indie, you’re not only an author anymore. You’re now a publisher, and you have to treat your business that way.
Rae: Your covers are fantastic, do you design them?
Eliza: My cover designer has been with me since the beginning–and I’ve been with her since she started out. She’s phenomenal.
Rae: In addition to writing you also manage two blogs, your Author Blog and History Undressed. When do you have time?
Eliza: One blog gets a lot more attention than the other! History Undressed is my baby, and I started it in 2009. I used to post weekly, but now I only get to write on it much more sparingly. However, I do have regular bloggers that post on their slotted days, and they are seriously awesome!
Rae: RWA has just ended, what were your favorite moments?
Eliza: RWA is one of my favorite times in the year! My favorite moments… there were so many!!! Rooming with one of my dearest friends (who goes with me to Scotland!), dancing at the dance party, meeting up with colleagues, sharing in the excitement of friends who won awards, chatting with first time attendees and seeing the excitement in their eyes! Best of all? It fills the well! I come home inspired and filled with an intense energy.
Rae: What was your favorite panel and why?
Eliza: My favorite panel was done by Mark Dawson on social networking. It was a wealth of information, and I learned a lot of about Facebook that I didn’t even know about.
Rae: Can you tell us when and where you will be in the upcoming months?
Eliza: In September, I will be signing my Tudor series at the Maryland Renaissance Festival on September 9th. Also from September 27-Oct 1, I will be at the Historical Romance Retreat!
***** 8 Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book and why? I have a few on my list right now. Historical Fiction: The Alice Network by Kate Quinn, because it is FREAKING AWESOME, and it was chosen for the Reese Witherspoon book club. For romance classics, I just finished listening to the audio book, Pride and Prejudice read by Rosamund Pike, and it was the best version I’ve read so far because of all the voices she did. My favorite historical romance, The Bride by Julie Garwood!
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Vineyards! In the town where I live, we have THREE wineries!
3. Best vacation destination? Scotland! Are you surprised?
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I had to have a reading specialist in first/second grade, because I just didn’t get it! Look at me now 🙂
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? Everything and Everyone! I love music of all kinds. I literally don’t have a favorite…
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world where would you go? Scotland! Are you surprised?
7. What is your guilty pleasure? Wine and chocolate
8. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? I have two tattoos. A rose on my back (I call it my Tudor rose), and on my wrist I have a one in type-set font that says, Nevertheless, she persisted, a reminder to myself to keep moving forward, to never give up in the pursuit of my dreams and happiness. This one is especially dear to me, because I got it along with four other author friends at a conference. We are now forever tat sisters 🙂
Still want to know more about Eliza? Head over to her webpage and explore!
Rae: Thanks for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced coffee with coconut milk. 🙂 What would you order?
Stu: I would order an Espresso or Americano black coffee, no sugar, I’m sweet enough :).
Rae: We met this past spring in Atlanta during the RT Booklovers Conference, was that your first conference?
Stu: Yes we did and it was lovely to meet you too. Yes, that was my first really big book conference. I have been to book reader events before, but not a big conference like RT, I really enjoyed it.
Rae: What was your most memorable moment during RT17?
Stu: Memorable moments: spending time with my friend Xio Axlerod, she’s a really cool person and we had a great time in Atlanta. We are both like minded people. I met Xio’s street team and all her friends which are all supper cool.
It was awesome to finally shoot with Golden at @furiousfoto. I spent some quality time with my fear nothing fitness team and got to attend a couple events with Cate Beaumont and Sandy.
Rae: How did you connect with Xio Axelrod for her latest release Camden?
Stu: I wouldn’t of been at RT without meeting Xio at a book event in Dublin 5 months before, I guess it was meant to be. Xio wrote Camden, we went to RT, so thank you Xio you are a star 🙂
Rae: How often do you attend conferences during the year to connect with readers and fans?
Stu: Whenever I get chance I attend book events to help the Authors promote their books, I go Rare and Lovenbooks readers events on a regular basis. I know the organizers really well and they are super nice people.
Rae: Did Xio and Cate Beaumont request a custom cover, or were the pictures on their books stock photos?
Stu: Yes, they both bought stock photo’s from different photographers. Cate bought from Scott Hoover and Xio from Franggy Yanez, both are great photographers.
Rae: Not only were you a professional Rugby player but you are a fitness coach and a cover model. How do you balance all of those jobs?
Stu: I love to keep busy, life is progress and progress is life. It’s important for me to be always moving forward and always learning something new. It keeps me in that positive frame of mind, which is so important in any career in life. Our mind controls everything, positive thoughts lead to positive actions.
I’m currently studying to be a yoga teacher and I am becoming better as a photographer and videographer, I will send you some of my own shots for this interview.
Rae: What inspired you to create Fear Nothing Fitness?
Stu: I wanted to help people reach there fitness goals and live a healthier lifestyle. Being a professional athlete all my adult life, health and fitness is all I have ever known, so staying working in health and fitness makes sense for me. It’s a great program with some fantastic members who are all super motivated people.
Rae: What obstacles do you face helping people virtually outside of a fitness studio and in your hometown?
Stu: Booth online and studio have pro’s and cons, it’s all down to the individual and what they really like and want from there fitness routine and lifestyle.
Rae: If a reader has never completed one of your six-week programs, or is just starting a fitness plan, what advice can you give them?
Stu: First step would always to eat healthy natural whole foods. It’s very hard to change your lifestyle or become healthier with a bad diet, both go hand in hand together. Diet would be the first thing you should correct. Start your activity off with what you can do, if you are moving you are improving.
Rae: Reading and writing is a sedentary job, any suggestions for authors and bloggers on how they can add cardio into their day?
Stu: Yes, start your day off with an early morning workout, run, walk, resistance or Hiit. Your day will start off better, you’ve got your workout in, you’ve released endorphin’s from your brain from working out making you feel in a positive frame of mind, you will eat breakfast after and kick start your metabolism.
Rae: Do you ever read any of the books that you appear on?
Stu: I read the back :), but no, I have never fully read a book I’m on. I read a lot of coaching, fitness, yoga study and diet books, not much of the romantic novels. I would if I had time.
Rae: How do you relax when you’re not working?
Stu: Yes, I love the simple things in life when I relax, I’m easy to please. I like nice meals,I love to travel, sunny weather, relaxing on the beach, movies, I love walking in the countryside, climbing mountains and I’m definitely an outside exploring person.
I do find it hard to relax and really switch off, I am a creative person so switching off completely is tough.
Rae: You have appeared on magazines, book covers and graced the internet, now it’s your turn for a dream photo shoot. Where are you and who or what is on the set with you?
Stu: I would to go exploring in Hawaii, Canada or Bali. All three look so beautiful, epic views, mountains, wilderness. So, if any photo-shoots come on along which need someone like me, just get in contact, I would jump at the chance. I would take Emma with me, my fiancee.
Rae: It’s about that time of the year, are there plans for a Stu Reardon 2018 Calendar? I’d love to get one for my office :).
Stu: Yes, I will be doing a new calendar :). Not sure on the design or layout yet, but I will be doing one. Soon as it’s ready I will let people know.
Rae: Where can readers find you on social media?
My own work social media sites:
Photography instagram https://www.instagram.com/stuartreardonphotography/
Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/stuartreardonphotography/
Thank you 🙂
Rae: That’s a lot of sites. Readers, go check it out!
**** Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book? Becoming a Supple Leopard.
2. What is the one place I should see if I visit your hometown? Grassington, countryside in Bradford it’s so beautiful.
3. Best vacation destination? Hard to answer as there is so much more of the world I want to see. I do love America.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I’m a very spiritual person, that’s my religion, spirituality.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Hard Rock.
6. Favorite Band or Artist? Artist: Ed Sheeran. Band: Kings of Leon
7. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? A South East Asia tour or visit every state in America.
8. What is your guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate or crisps.
9. What are you afraid of? Not making progress, that’s why I strive to consistently make progress. You have to face those fears head on.
10. Tats or no Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one?
Tat’s 🙂 I have them already and they are a part me. First one was a red devil, a bad idea when I was very young on my first lads holiday, with a fake ID :), I was 16 at the time. It’s gone now. Definitely get tattoo’s when your older and you know who you are and who you want to become.
11. Organized or Free Floating? I like to be super organized, but sometimes I’m not. 🙂
12. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Not a massive TV or show watcher as I’m too busy. The one show I watched is Game of Thrones, I love it.
13. What’s on your playlist? A wide variety of music. I like all kinds of music, definitely dance or rap for working out.
14. What play or musical do you want to see next? The Lion King musical.
15. Best tip for relaxing? Try switch off from everything. No phone, no TV, just sun, sea and great company.
16. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Hard to name my favorite movie. So many amazing movies out nowadays. I love sci-fi, action adventure, based on true story’s movies.
17. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? Both are great, how about a movie theater in your own home, 🙂 House goals, my own movie theater room.
18. What is one thing you can’t live without? Coffee :).
19. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? Both. I am a great cook, I cook everything at home, but it’s also super nice to eat out at cool restaurants and try new things.
20. If you could invite FIVE people to dinner (not friends or family – that’s too easy_ who would you invite?
Forbes top 5 richest people in the world in 2017, then I would cook an amazing meal and pitch one of my ideas to them for investment, like Dragons Den the TV program over here. 🙂
21. Motorcycle or bicycle? Motorcycle.
22. Person or persons you admire and why? My Mum and dad for the struggle they have been through, which didn’t change there kind hearts and souls.
23. Best date ever? Vegas and the helicopter to champagne reception in the grand canyon where I asked Emma to marry me.
24. If you could try one job for a day, what would it be? Movie star / actor
25. What theme park has the best roller coasters or thrill rides? Alton Towers in UK, not been to loads to be honest, but that one has some great rides.
26. What is the best site for camping or an outdoor adventure? Snowdon Mountain in Wales or the lake district in the UK.
Rae: Thanks again for hanging out!
Stu: Your welcome 🙂 Best Wishes 🙂
** All photos used in this post were provided by Stu Reardon. **
ICYMI: My review of Camden
Rae: Thanks so much for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced Coffee with Coconut milk. 🙂 ! What would you order?
MPG: Definitely an Espresso
Rae: We met this past spring in Atlanta during the RT Convention, was that your first conference?
MPG: 1st “official” conference would’ve been Love N Vegas 2014 I believe.
Photo credit: 5th elements by Charles Paz. Rae: How often do you attend conferences during the year to connect with readers and fans?
MPG: Around 3 times a year. Mostly local and then RT each year of course!
Rae: How do you stay focused on your health plan during those conferences with all the fabulous restaurants and sweets everywhere?
MPG: Planning is the only way if you must stay on track. Usually enough hard work has been put forth to allow for a little enjoyment during conventions.
Rae: When you are not shooting covers, how do you spend your time?
MPG: Hanging with the puppies/ training clients/ cooking/ lifting/ time with family/ and currently helping my beautiful fiancé plan a wedding!
Rae: Do you ever read any of the books that you appear on?
MPG: I believe I have read each of them or am working to finish.
Rae: How do you relax when you’re not working?
MPG: Movies/ Good Food/ Throwbacks on Hulu……..Cheers/ Golden Girls/ That 70s Show
Rae: What is the most rewarding aspect of working in the fitness industry?
MPG: Changing lives. It may sound a little cliché, but it really does mean everything.
Rae: What is the most challenging thing you’ve had to do?
MPG: Seeing the progress of others and understanding the struggle and commitment it takes to truly get results connects you to them.
Rae: If you could give one piece of advice to someone just starting out on a fitness plan what would it be?
MPG: Have a support system……..a friend or coworker to start with who will encourage and hold you accountable in the tough times. I could go on for days about this.
Rae: Reading and writing is sedentary job, any suggestions for authors and bloggers on how they can add cardio into their day?
MPG: Set timers and reminders to avoid excessive time seated. It only takes an hour a day 3-4 times a week. That’s half the week and just an hour at a time. If that isn’t a sweet deal I am lost. Where else can you put in that little to guarantee such results?
Rae: Where can readers find you on social media?
MPG: FB Michael Patrick Gleason, IG @michaelpatrickgleason and Twitter @mikeyg13
Rae: It’s your dream photo shoot, where are you and who or what is on the set with you?
MPG: Somewhere with access to a tiger that is playful enough to allow for a few images with me! PETA supervised and approved obviously!
Rae: It was so much fun having you here today!
** Photo Credits Courtesy of Eric David Battershell Photography except for where noted.
***** Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book and why?
The Little Prince
A great look into innocence.
Life lessons for any culture.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown?
My hometown of Cincinnati, OH- King’s Island Amusement Park
A giant grown up playground. Best of the best coasters and thrills in the world! and all of the city’s best food is there too. Skyline Chili and LaRosa’s Pizza!
3. Best vacation destination? Hoping to still find it. Taking honeymoon recommendations.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I smoked a pack of Cigarettes a day for 16 years!
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? Not even fair. Love it all too much to pick sides. If I were an artist it may be different, but I am not so I can love it all! Alice In Chains when I was growing up and still love. These days I really don’t have a favorite.
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world where would you go? Ireland
7. What is your guilty pleasure? DONUTS
8. What are you afraid of? Living longer than my children.
9. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? Zero. A big fan of tats just have not pulled the trigger and don’t know that I will.
10. Organized or Free Floating?
Car- Free Floating
Drawers- Free Floating
Work/ Gym- Organized
11. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)?
Binge the shows listed above.
This Is Us
Brooklyn Nine NIne
and on and on and on
12. What’s on your playlist?
it only gets better 🙂
13. What play or musical do you want to see next? Have not looked into it lately. PHX Theatre loves to send me invites and I loved The Wizard of Oz last time there so I think I will take a look at what’s to come.
14. Best tip for relaxing? Stop thinking!
15. What’s your favorite TV show and why? Archer- H. John Benjamin’s voice has made me laugh since he was Coach McGuirk on “Home Movies”. I just love the humor and non stop ego mania! Hilarious!
16. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Drop Dead Fred. Shared interest with one of my sisters. All out ridiculousness.
17. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? Movie for the action and ambiance……..and snacks. Home so I can hang out with my woman and dogs. Certain movies don’t need to be seen in theaters.
18. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Positive people
19. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? I cook everyday of my life and love it
20. If you could invite 5 people to dinner (not friends and family – that’s too easy)
21. Motorcycle or bicycle? Motorcycle
22. If you could try any career for a day, what would it be? President
23. Person or persons you admire and why? Mother’s- They are responsible for putting up with S*** like mine since the beginning.
24. Best date ever? Pizza Donuts Movie Gorgeous Colombian and few words
25. If you could try one job for a day, what would it be? Formula One Racing or NFL QB
26. What theme park has the best roller coasters or thrill rides? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn’t read this before answering above! King’s Island!
27. Best site for camping or an outdoor adventure? Probably Alaska
So much diversity and contrast. Pick your pleasure.
Rae: Again, thank you so much for hanging out with me in the cafe.
Time for another Iced Latte!
Happy Reading Michael Patrick Gleason
Rae: Thanks so much for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced Coffee with coconut milk. 🙂 ! What would you order?
Len: Oh my gosh! That is almost exactly what I’ve been drinking lately! I’ve been loving cold brewed coffee with coconut milk.
Rae: I am always fascinated with how a cover model got their start. How did you landed on your first book cover?
Len: I entered the Mr Romance competition at the RT convention in 2011 and won! Part of the prize package was a shoot for a book cover with Kensington Publishing. We ended up yielding three covers from that shoot.
(Photo Credit- Shevaun Williams)
Rae: Do you model for anything other than book covers?
Len: Book covers are just a caveat to my portfolio. I do mainstream modeling with an agency in Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, and of course Tulsa.
Rae: Are there any photos that you wish had been taken in a different way?
Len: I really don’t; I’m very forward thinking with any shoot I do and any repercussions. I don’t take any pictures that I don’t feel personify who I am as a person or don’t fall in line with my convictions.
Rae: What was it like at the RT Convention meeting up with authors, fans and bloggers? It was my first time and I was shocked at how massive and intimate the experience was.
Len: I enjoy my RT family and really look forward to seeing everyone every year.
(Photo credit- Charles Paz (Fifth Element Studios)
Rae: Are you able to meet up with readers at any other conferences during the year?
Len: The RT convention is the only book convention that I attend.
Rae; When you are not shooting covers, how do you spend you time?
Len: I am a busy man running an irrigation company and also modeling for clients with my agencies.
Rae; What is your idea of escape for a bit of relaxation when you want to disappear alone or with family?
Photo credit- Charles Paz (Fifth Element Studios)
Len: Finding a quiet beach and doing nothing. I’ve been to St Croix a couple of times and love that it’s not so touristy.
Rae: If you could have a dream photo session where or whom would it include?
Len: I would love to shoot for Aqua Di Gio cologne. I love the feel/sexiness of the ads both in magazines and commercials on tv.
Rae: Where can readers find you?
– Facebook- LenGunnModel
– instagram- LenGunnModel
– Twitter- LenGunnModel
It was so much fun having you here today!
**** Tantalizing Tidbits ****
1. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Pepe’s Pizza in New Haven! The nostalgia of how old it is and the service is one of a kind.
2. What is your best vacation destination? Malta
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I’m actually very shy which is why I started modeling; to force myself come out of my shell.
4. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world where would you go? Thailand. There is a lot of beautiful undisturbed area and an awesome culture.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? Pizza!
6. What are you afraid of? Failing as a father
7. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? None! I’m a virgin. I considered one a few times but come never come to terms with something that I would want on my body forever.
Rae: Thanks again. Time for another iced coffee!