Rae: If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Mocha Latte with Coconut Milk. 🙂 ! What would you order?
Cora: I would be drinking a whole milk Chia Tea. It’s my absolutely favorite drink on a cold day or any day I need a pick me up.
Rae: For those who are not familiar with your work can you tell us a little bit about your books?
Cora: Hi Rae, I write a wide range of genres from dystopian/horror to spiritual. I let my characters lead me and I just follow along.
Surviving Earth: Makayla’s Journey is about a young woman faced with the apocalypse, zombies and all. She’s on a journey to find her best friend who was away at college when the world fell apart.
Surviving Earth: Makayla’s Journey Continued, is her continuing journey. Which will be coming soon.
The Dark Brothers, are paranormal romances that follow three brothers. Aiden (The Dark Alpha), Mason (The Dark Omega), and Brody (The Dark Delta)
Beginning Again, is a contemporary romance. It has a touch of mob and a touch of country in it because Breena runs away from he abusive husband and falls into the arms of Jaxson Heath.
Charlotte’s Last Wish, this is my first attempt into spiritual/religious. Charlotte, has pancreatic cancer, and goes on her dream trip with her sister Malinda as a sort of fulfilling her bucket list.
Rae: What inspires you?
My grandchildren, their smiles and their never ending faith in me.
My sons, they both have faced adversity and are still going strong.
My husband, he’s an amazing man. He takes such good care of me.
My Mom, she faced so much but told me that I could accomplish anything I put my mind to.
All those other writers out there that seems to just get it. Their work flows and it’s just amazing.
Rae: What is your approach to writing?
Cora: Write as much as I can, when I can and edit later.
Rae: Do you sit in a café all day on the computer or do you write in a block at night or early in the morning?
Cora: I’m usually up late at night writing, or anytime I can find a quiet moment.
Rae: How do you keep connected with your readers?
Cora: I try to stay active on Facebook. I’m open to all of my readers friending me and sending a message. I love to talk to my readers.
Rae: Where can we find you this year?
Cora: Sadly I don’t have any appearances scheduled. Since my accident in March of 2016, it’s thrown all my schedule off. I am available to talk to at any time on my Facebook page.
Rae: When will Beginning Again hit retailers?
Cora: I hope I can get it published by late March early April.
Rae: Can you tell us a bit about it?
Cora: Beginning Again was written for an Romance anthology for women. After my accident the anthology fell apart.
Beaten and battered, Breena Reynolds only has one choice; to run.
Her husband of four years is involved in more than she ever thought possible. He isn’t just a
dirty businessman, he is buried deep in the mob.
Running to the small town of Jubilee, she never expects to find more than a job and a place to live. But after meeting Jaxson Heath she feels hope for herself once more. He gives her not only a second chance, but also a family and hope for the future.
When her husband finds her, he promises he’ll never let her go, only by death will she escape from him again.
Will she find love in Jaxson’s arms or will she die trying to escape the husband who wants to own her?
Rae: What can we expect to see in 2017?
Cora: Surviving Earth: Makayla’s Journey Continued, the next journey for my Surviving Earth series which is a dystopian/ horror, A new series I just started writing, Vampire Shifter Council: The Chronicles of Veronica and J, a PNR, Charlotte’s Last Wish, a spiritual/religious book about a young woman with pancreatic cancer and I hope the final Surviving Earth.
Rae: Where can readers find you in 2017?
Cora: I honestly wish I had an appearance or two scheduled, but I don’t. It hasn’t been an easy year. They can always contact me anytime and just talk. I’m open to talking to my readers anytime.
**** Tasty Tidbits ****
1. What is a must read book and why? I love all things Paranormal. My must read is Captured by Erica Stevens. She introduced me to the creatures I know and love.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? My families old mill house and pond (Murray’s Mill) . I love history and this is very near and dear to my heart. It’s been up and operational for over a 100 years.
3. Person or persons you admire and why? My Mom was one of the most amazing people I’ve ever know. She was talented in every facet of her life, she could paint, sew, draw, make up stories. I will forever admire her courage and strength through tout her life. She was my best friend.
Barbara Devlin, she seems to have it all together. She’s tenacious, caring, and she makes me want to be a better writer.
Erica Stevens, she is my fave writer and just seems to have this writing thing down pat. I admire so many things about her. The way she is with her readers, they’ve all become such good friends because she lets them in.
My Husband, I was in a pretty horrific accident in March, he was by my side night and day, making sure I was being well taken care of. He’s amazing in every way.
My Sons and grandchildren, they own my heart and I admire the way they love life.
My family and friends, I admire how they support each other and stick by each other through thick and thin.
4. What is one thing you can’t live without? I cannot live without my iPad. It has all my ideas for books on it, all of my pictures, covers, links, and all of my books. I’d be lost without it.
5. If you could invite 5 people to dinner (not friends and family) – that’s too easy, who would you invite?
Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, my first all time fave author. I would love to get her take into her books. I think I would majorly fangirl.
Donald Trump, I have to know if he plans to keep his word. Lol.
Chris Hemsworth, oh my God, why not?
Hillary Clinton, I want President Trump and her at the same table, it should be interesting.
Bruno Mars, because he’s adorable and I love everything he sings.
6. What are you afraid of? I think it’s losing one of my family members or one of my friends. But my biggest fear as a writer is not being good enough or not getting it right.
7. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? I love to cook, I am probably the closest to the way my Mom cooked in the family. But I’d rather have my niece come cook for me, she blows the mind with what she comes up with. There’s a lot of taste in each bite.
8. Castles or Beaches? This question is so hard. I love the ocean, it has such a calming affect over my body and soul, but I love the history and grandeur of a castle. I’d have to choose both. Lol
9. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? Ooh I think I’d go to Scotland to research their myths and lore. I think I could write an awesome shifter book from there or maybe even vampires.
10. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Dirty Dancing. I love Patrick Swayze, the romance. Johnny shows his softer side for Baby. You have this hot man that can dance fall in love and show that he’s in love. I’m getting chills just thinking about it.
12. Organized or Free Floating? I am so unorganized. My husband is OCD and I think I drive him crazy. I am a bit more organized In my writing. I write a few chapters when the book idea hits, just so I have the basics.
13. What’s on your playlist? Everything Bruno Mars, Meghan Trainer, Adele. I love country so there lots of country music on there as well. My fave group, Journey plays through quite a bit. I’m very eclectic. Love so many various artist and bands.
Cora A. Murray is a pen name I devised from the love of two great women, my mother and my sister, who may no longer be with us, but will forever reside in my head and heart. I am the mother of two adult sons and the grandmother of two beautiful grandchildren. I have been married for the past thirty-two years and have always been an avid reader. I decided to turn my love for reading into something more and with the support of my family and friends, I took that extra step and started writing The Dark Alpha, the first book in The Dark Brothers Trilogy.