First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂
What would you order? I’d do water, I’m afraid. I’m pretty much only drinking water right now and it’s actually good. I know it’s better for me. Still, I miss Diet Coke.
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a few questions. I’m really excited for The Notorious Flynns series. This is the first book I’ve read by you and I LOVED discovering Serafina and Rafe! Oh yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed the book. Luckily there are a TON of books in my backlist to fill the time while we wait.
I will have a difficult time waiting for Books 2 and 3 to be released :). I’m not sure I will be able to wait! But it’s so soon! Book 2, The Scoundrel’s Lover (Annabelle’s book) will be out March 10.
I find it impressive that you’ve written over 50 published stories. Your published works vary in each series, do you have a specific time period that you prefer? I write exclusively in the Regency period.
What do you find the most challenging aspect of being an erotic romance author? What’s the easiest aspect? I think it’s always challenging to build a book in general. I want the story to be fresh and the characters to pop. Sometimes I’m stuck knowing where to go. But once I get my details worked out, it all comes down to just telling the story. I wouldn’t say that’s easy, but it’s fun!
How long does it take you to complete a story from start to finish?
I take about 6 weeks to write a book from beginning to end and another couple of weeks to edit. I also do some down time. So I write a book about every two months or so. I can write 5 to 6 books a year pretty comfortably.
I appreciate you taking the time to hang out – thank you so much!
Thank you for having me!!
8 Tantalizing Tidbits:
1. A Must read book and why? Well, if you like dark, sensual, emotional romances, this is your book! Plus, it’s my first fully indie book and the beginning of a great new series. All these things should make you want to BUY BUY BUY!! LOL
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? I grew up in Blackfoot, ID and I would say one of the only things you should see there is the giant potato. Otherwise, I might just drive through.
3. When you plot out your book do you know how it will end or do you figure it out as you go? Well, I write romance, so I pretty much always know how it’s going to end. 🙂 But you mean do I plot until the end, yes. Sometimes things change here and there throughout, but for the most part I know the basics of the end before I start.
4. Do you watch a TV show weekly or binge watch? I have a handful of shows on my DVR that are weekly watchers. I love Elementary (and Sherlock, but it’s not back yet), we watch Doctor Who (and have binge watched it), I also watch stuff like Archer and Adventure Time. I think the next one I’ll binge watch is probably Bob’s Burgers since I’m really enjoying that show. And I might also lock in for Supernatural.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure? True Crime. I have so many Investigation Discovery shows on my DVR. My husband calls them my Murder Death Kill shows. Also, reality shows. I just can’t… stop looking at them.
6. One thing readers would be surprised to know about you. If you meet me in person, I’m pretty friendly and open, but I’m a huge introvert. Sometimes by the end of a conference, I actually feel bruised because of the stress of being “on”. I love meeting readers, but I also like retreating to my hole.
7. First concert you attended? New Kids on the Block, 5th grade.
8. Castles or Beaches? Usually I’d say beaches, but this year we’re heading to Paris for a week. So castles may win the day.