Rae: Welcome to the blog Lawrence Hall. I’ve got a spiced Latte with Almond Milk and a drizzle of chocolate in my mug. What’s in your cuppa?
Lawrence: Thanks for having me! If it’s Starbucks we’re talking, then it’s a black and white mocha, hot. If not, then any french vanilla coffee is good with me. I’m not partial.
Rae: Congratulations on your upcoming release of The Vigilante’s Assassin later this month and Bonnie’s Game in January 2020.
Lawrence: Thank you. I’m very excited about The Vigilante’s Assassin. Bonnie’s game is my first attempt in the genre so I’m a little nervous about how it shapes up.
Rae: It’s time for a round of dirty dozen…
1. What is your must read book and why? I still read a lot of comic books, so I would have to say Green Lantern. I love when those books come out.
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite? If you’re not from Washington DC, then everyone talks about Ben’s Chili Bowl and going there. People from DC aren’t that pressed to go, but it’s a good tourist place as you visit the monuments.
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? Probably that I actually do read romance novels. Seems women don’t come across men that actually read, and even fewer still that read romance.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? I don’t live my life with regrets, or I try not to anyway, so I don’t really have a guilty pleasure. I do what I want when I can, and try to enjoy the little things in life. Now what I catch the most hell for is playing video games lol.
5. What are you afraid of? Snakes. Hate them!
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? No tats. I’m pure as the driven snow lol.
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Both. I pretty much will only binge watch if I’m new to the series and it’s been out for a while. Otherwise, I’ll catch it as it airs. I’m big on superhero shows, so right now I watch the Flash every time it comes on the CW network.
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? Graphic novel is what I’d have to go with, and I’d LOVE to see a good Avatar the last Airbender movie made.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Sex. I don’t know how I’d get by lol.
10. What’s the one career gives you the shudders? Oh man, anything that has to do with dealing with the cleanup of natural or man-made disasters. I have a lot of respect for the people that have to go into the fallout from that stuff.
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see? Probably my blockbuster video card that I still carry around haha.
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use? Oh, that’s an easy one. Instagram.
Rae: Thank you for hanging out today.
Lawrence: Thanks for having me. It was fun!
What do you get when you mix Spartacus with Spaceballs? We’re not sure either, but somewhere in there is Lawrence Hall. A man of few words until he begins speaking, you can often find him with a smile on his face, until he takes a picture. Then he tries to put on his best 1990s hardcore hip hop persona, which would be a mix of Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls. Unless MC Hammer is on the radio.
Hailing from the capital city of the USA, he has over 10 years of teaching experience. This means Lawrence has mastered the art of daydreaming and not listening, but pretending he hears and sees everything. He’s the perfect chameleon.
An avid film buff, and lover of HEA, he’s too much of an optimist to want anything else. His motto: I may fall like Autumn but I’ll rise a new season.
Making his debut in May 2019 as a bona fide romance author, you can find him all over your favorite social media. Lawrence loves to engage and invites you to come stalk…I mean…follow him!
Facebook Readers Group – Hall’s Of Romance: https://www.facebook.com/
Signup for my newsletter – Hall’s Pass here: mailchi.mp/55564ef8364c/