Welcome newbies and seasoned readers to Authors Dish. With only three and a half weeks until Thanksgiving, Authors are dishin’ their favorites.
I am grateful for readers, authors, and everyone who make it possible to sink into my cozy chair and enjoy a new book adventure each and every day.
It’s time to find out what inspires your favorite Authors and discover how they enjoy the holidays, prepare their homes, set their tables and give thanks to those important in their lives.
Whether you’re celebrating at home or traveling far away, enjoy every minute of the season. We’d love to know how you enjoy your holidays, tell us below!
Stay tuned over the next few weeks as we plan to share plenty of reasons to be thankful so be sure to check the blog often. Wanna dish? Drop me a message.
Today in the cafe is Author Mona Schroff
Debut Author Mona Shroff
1. What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition? To be honest, we don’t really have a Thanksgiving tradition. When I was little, it was just the four of us, me, my parents and my brother, as all our family was overseas. We would usually try to find a place my brother could get some turkey since he was the only one who liked it! My husband was in the Army when first married, so we were always in a different place, usually not near our family. So sometimes, it was just the two of us, sometimes we were with friends. And then over the years, we just get together with our families at whoever’s place is most convenient.
2. How do you decorate your table and home? Again, this is variable. I did do the whole big turkey dinner a couple years ago, with family and friends at my house, so I pulled out all our nice china and flatware, and did a fall/harvest décor for the table.
3. My favorite hostess gift is… I usually give wine or some of my homemade truffles. But one of my favorite hostess gifts I received was these wine charms that were little cabana boys hanging on the edge of your glass. All they had on were tight little bathing suits which molded to their backs AND fronts and had all of us girls literally checking out their packages. *snort, eyeroll*
4. It’s time to pack up the leftovers, what do you do with all the food? Share it, use it for other yummy dishes or toss it? I definitely try to use it by making turkey salad the next day, or I share it with my friends. I REALLY try not to toss food.
5. Black Friday shopping – on line fun, up early with a cup of java and a long list, or last minute shopper and don’t care about the sales? I am totally a last minute shopper! I try to get out sooner, and sometimes I’ll get a few things ahead of time, but I will most likely be at the mall on December 22,23 or even 24!
6. I am thankful for… Sooo many things! My family, my friends, my computer, time to write, my book being published, even my day job. I think mostly I’m grateful that I get each day. The day may not be great, I might be sad, or have an argument with someone I care about, or not be able to write that day, but I had the day – I lived it and hopefully I get tomorrow, too.
Bio: Mona has always been obsessed with everything romantic, so it’s fitting that she writes romantic stories by night, even though she’s an optometrist by day. If she’s not writing, she’s making melt-in-your-mouth chocolate truffles or riding her bike or doing her favorite thing, reading. Alone time is precious, but Mona is just as likely to be raising a glass of wine or her favorite gin and tonic with friends and family. She’s blessed with an amazing daughter and a loving son who have both gone off to college. Mona lives in Maryland with her romance loving husband.
Click on the link here for fun and FREE printables to keep you organized this fall season.