A Very Married Christmas by Samantha Chase is the third installment in the Silver Bell Falls series. If you love all things Christmas from the decorations to the friendly cheer, than you don’t want to miss this series.
Melanie Harper is ready to take the next step in her relationship with Josiah Stone and set a wedding date. Will she find a way to make them both happy? It takes a strong man to ease someone into a town that lives and breathes Christmas all year long. What will happen when he suggests a date that sets her into a panic?
Samantha Chase writes books that tackle tough issues in relationships and truly dissects it so fluidly that the reader is invested from the first page. Samantha gets it, and that’s why I love reading her books.
Josiah can’t wait to live the rest of his life with Melanie, will she go along with his plan? I love that our hero is the one so with a wedding vision, and with strong convictions. It’s a nice change and sets the book apart from all the other holiday adventures.
A well crafted town is not complete without secrets, holiday tragedies, and last minute changes. It’s the journey we are on and how we are navigated throughout the book that makes this so memorable and heart-warming. This holiday romance made me laugh, cry and get in the mood for the winter season of holiday merriment. It doesn’t matter what holiday you celebrate, after reading this story, you’ll be ready to bake, decorate, and wrap those presents. Fill up your mug with warm cider, spike the eggnog, brew the coffee, and curl up with a tasty novella.
I received an advanced copy from the author for a fair and honest review.
Samantha Chase is a New York Times and USA Today bestseller of contemporary romance. She released her debut novel in 2011 and currently has more than forty titles under her belt! When she’s not working on a new story, she spends her time reading romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook, wearing a tiara while playing with her sassy pug Maylene…oh, and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
Website – https://www.chasing-romance.com/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SamanthaChase3
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SamanthaChaseFanClub/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/samanthachaseromance/
Newsletter – http://bit.ly/2xU05xE
BookBub – https://www.bookbub.com/authors/samantha-chase
Silver Bell Falls by Samantha Chase is about hope, forgiveness and family. I’ve read a few holiday stories from Samantha and have enjoyed each and everyone. While it might be the middle of the summer and most of us are spending our days relaxing at the beach or lounging by the pool Samantha’s stories will cool you off wishing it was the beginning of Christmas season ;).
Melanie Harper didn’t always dislike Christmas and now all the things that are associated with the festive time of the year are not helping her to finish her latest work assignment. Under deadline Melanie, a romance author, must turn in her next book and she has writers block in the worst way.
A request from her father sends Melanie to Silver Bell Falls to her Grandmother’s house. One little wish will change her life forever, and hopefully help her believe and find a little holiday magic.
As soon as I read the first paragraph I was hooked. The town is amazing, the cast of characters loveable, and the meet cute between Melanie and Josiah, unforgettable. There is nothing better than a town filled with happy residents who are kind, and especially one that includes a sexy Sheriff. Who couldn’t use a little of that right now?
The holidays are about giving, spending time with loved ones, and lots of merriment. Can Melanie finally celebrate Christmas without hate and resentment? We are rooting for Josiah to be the one to figure out why she dislikes it so much, and open her eyes to the beauty and magic of Silver Bell Falls. If Melanie can trust him there is so much out there to keep her in Silver Bell Falls.
Do you love stories that have lots of flirty and tense scenes between the hero and heroine, a story with a plot that stands on its own, and set during Christmas? Then add this book to your e-reader now. From the first page to the last, this book will leave you satisfied. If you’ve never read a book by Samantha, then dive right in with this one and then check out her backlist. There are so many to choose from that you will thank me :). Including the second installment in this holiday series which released today! My review will post this afternoon.
I received this book from the author for a fair and honest review. I hope that we will see more from the other characters in Silver Bell Falls. With a large family there are plenty of siblings Samantha, I hope we meet one soon!
**originally posted July 18, 2016. Updated.
New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan’s Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40’s to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samantha the confidence to take that step as well.
When she’s not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, playing way too many games of Scrabble or Solitaire on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.
For more information, please visit Samantha’s website – www.chasing-romance.com
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS
Facebook – www.facebook.com/SamanthaChaseFanClub
Twitter – https://twitter.com/SamanthaChase3
Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/samanthachase31/
Instagram – https://instagram.com/samanthachaseromance/
Fill your e-reader with books from spicy to sweet with must read adventures to fill your nights.
Discover a new author or dive into a favorite. It’s never too early to shop for the holidays and stock up on books for friends and family. At these prices you can afford to buy one for yourself too!
Please note that Amazon prices are subject to change and are not guaranteed till purchased.
Wyatt by Lynn Raye Harris is the fourth book in the 7 Brides for 7 Soldiers series. A series that centers around the lives of seven friends, the family struggles and the town they live in. A book rich with family struggles, differences and betrayal have shaped each soldier into men worthy of their own story.
Wyatt Chandler has returned to Eagles Ridge after a traumatic incident with the Navy SEALs. Intent on taking care of his Gran, that’s the only thing that matters to him. Is he using her as an excuse to escape the reality of what he needs to do?
Paige Spencer, TV show reality star and Diva Princess has received threats, her father will stop at nothing to keep her safe. A little bit of time away from the public eye should be enough to track down who is after Paige. If only she was prepared for what was waiting for her, and it isn’t the paparazzi.
Wyatt will discover that he must overcome his past and what happened in the field in order to survive as a civilian. Paige is used to getting her way, or tossing her credit card to fix things. Wyatt will teach her that sometimes a little hard work can be more satisfying than just paying someone to do the job. Will Page be the one to finally help Wyatt open up and talk about why he left his unit? If both of them can open up and be truthful of what they really want, they might find out that what they truly desire is right in Eagle’s Ridge.
Are you ready for a bookcation? You won’t be able to resist Wyatt 😉 I love books with pets, and the cat in this story, OMG – love the cat. If you haven’t read any of the other books in this series fear not, they can all be read as a standalone. However, they are best enjoyed in order ;).
I received this ARC from InkSlingerPR for a fair and honest review.
Lynn Raye Harris is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM SERIES of military romances as well as 20 books for Harlequin Presents. A former finalist for the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart Award and the National Readers Choice Award, Lynn lives in Alabama with her handsome former military husband, two crazy cats, and one spoiled American Saddlebred horse. Lynn’s books have been called “exceptional and emotional,” “intense,” and “sizzling.” Lynn’s books have sold over 3 million copies worldwide.
You can learn more at her website, www.LynnRayeHarris.com, or come and visit her at her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorLynnRayeHarris. Lynn loves hearing from her readers! To sign up for Lynn’s newsletter–where you’ll be kept up to date about all of Lynn’s books–text the word HOTTIES to 66866 or go to http://lynnrayeharris.com/newsletter .
Rae: Lucy thank you so much for hanging out with me today. If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a spiced latte with Coconut Milk. What would you order?
Lucy: Cafe latte…with a shot of Baileys.
Rae: Earlier this year we met at RT Booklovers in Atlanta, what advise can you give to a reader if they are attending in 2018 for the first time?
Lucy: Take a friend with you. The lines are long and while its a great way to meet people, its always more fun with someone you already know.
Rae: It’s hard to believe that it’s almost the end of October, time flies when there are books to read and books to write. Do you have any traditions or decorate the house?
Lucy: No, but I do complain about summer ending and winter starting… a lot…a whole lot.
Rae: Canada celebrated Thanksgiving last month, do you have a favorite dish you make each year?
Lucy: No. Thanksgiving isn’t that big a deal in Canada. But we started frying our turkey! My husband looks forward to it every year.
Rae: For those who are not familiar with your work, you write romantic suspense and have two series – Search and Recover and Women of Vegas. Can you tell us a little bit about them. Will there be more books in the series?
Lucy: The Women of Vegas series is four books and centres around women and how their quest for redemption finds them love. Although all four are strong women, each struggle with things they’ve done in the past, hence “Sin” in each title. Sin on the Strip, Sin and the Millionaire, Sin on the Run and Sins That Haunt. The Search and Recover series is about the men you met in my first series, the men of ICU, an elite search and recovery organization under the guise of a private investigation agency. Their journey will test them like no other and when they’re done, the women by their sides will have made everything they went through worth it.
Rae: When did you realize that you wanted to write romance?
Lucy: I love Karen Marie Moning’s book and I decided I’d to try my hand at it. I never set out to be a writer. I just wanted to see if I could do it.
Rae: What inspired your first book and was that the one that was published?
Lucy: My first book is an historical romance and it’s never been published. One day…maybe.
Rae: In your bio you talk about your journey to publishing and am so happy you decided to change careers. I love reading your stories! What advise can you give to aspiring writers who have been writing a while without any interest or feedback?
Lucy: Join a writer group. One, someone will read your work and Two, someone will be there to cheer you on when the news isn’t good.
Rae: When you are writing a book, do you plot it out page by page, chapter by chapter? Or, do your characters guide you?
Lucy: I wish I plotted better but I never really figure out my characters or my twists until I’m 2/3 done.
Rae: When you sit down to write, do you focus on words per day or a time-block for a specific day?
Lucy: I write until I don’t. Setting goals never works for me and I don’t like to frustrate myself.
Rae: What can we expect to see on the bookshelves in the upcoming months?
Lucy: A Necessary Deception—Monty’s story, comes out in the spring and is set in Alaska. The cover is awesome, the best one yet. but I can’t wait to reveal it.
Rae: If readers want to meet up with you in person, where will you be in 2018?
Lucy: I’ll be in Denver for RWA next July and in Ottawa for Romancing the Capital with Eve Langlais. And I’m always on Facebook.
Rae: Thank you for hanging out in the cafe today.
**** Tasty Tidbits ****
1. What is a must read book and why? I enjoy books that make me laugh. So for that reason,”Lamb, the Gospel of Biff, Christ’s Childhood Pal”. I love Christopher Moore. The man is a god.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? The Rideau Canal. It’s the longest skating rink in the world and is beautiful in the summer.
3. Do you take-in or cook? If so, what is your “go-to” dish? Owning a restaurant means we take-in often, but I enjoy cooking more. That said, my kids and I prefer Pad Thai to hamburgers.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I own 4 gourmet burger restaurants.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? Neither. While I enjoy rock, it’s not my go-too music. I do like Bon Jovi and Aerosmith but I’m really like Maroon Five.
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? I’ve always wanted to go an exotic island. I don’t care where, as long as it has cool rooms and a great beach.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? I don’t really have one, but if there is Pecan Pie on the menu, I order it.
8. What are you afraid of? You’d never catch me alone…in a farmhouse….in the middle of no where…with stupid people in clown costumes.
9. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? I have an orchid on my foot. I had a Lady Di wedding bouquet with orchids.
10. Organized or Free Floating? Free floating, but in I was I had the energy for organized.
11. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Both. I PVR certain season of shows like This is Us but I enjoy certain reality shows like the Bachelor (of course) or Survivor.
12. What’s on your playlist? Everything. I listen to almost anything except Acid or Scream Rock and gangster rap. My car is dialed into country music.
13. What play or musical do you want to see next? I like to see Carole King, but that would a trip to NY…darn.
14. Are you a crafter? Yes. When I’m stuck in story I bake or craft.
15. What’s your favorite TV show and why? Big Bang. I love to laugh. I used to like Murder She Wrote when it was on.
16. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? Biff. Christopher Moore says there is no hidden meaning in his books. I think he’s lying. This book makes you think about the life of Christ and what we don’t know or think we know.
17. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, and do you really need to ask?
18. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? I don’t see a ton of theatre movies. I prefer being able to stop the movie when I want.
19. What is the one thing you can’t live without? I don’t have anything I can live without.
20. If you could invite 5 people to dinner (not friends and family – that’s too easy) who would be at your table? Where would you eat? Martha Stewart, Hillary Clinton, Steve Hawking, Steven Wozniak, Prince Harry and we’d eat at Le Bernardin in NY, one of my favourite places.
21. If you could try any career for a day, what would it be? CEO of Google because it looks like a fun place to work.
22. Person you admire and why? hmm, she’s dead. Lady Diana. The woman had guts.
For more information about Lucy visit her website at www.lucyfarago.com