Rae: Thanks for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced coffee with coconut milk. 🙂 What would you order?
Stu: I would order an Espresso or Americano black coffee, no sugar, I’m sweet enough :).
Rae: We met this past spring in Atlanta during the RT Booklovers Conference, was that your first conference?
Stu: Yes we did and it was lovely to meet you too. Yes, that was my first really big book conference. I have been to book reader events before, but not a big conference like RT, I really enjoyed it.
Rae: What was your most memorable moment during RT17?
Stu: Memorable moments: spending time with my friend Xio Axlerod, she’s a really cool person and we had a great time in Atlanta. We are both like minded people. I met Xio’s street team and all her friends which are all supper cool.
It was awesome to finally shoot with Golden at @furiousfoto. I spent some quality time with my fear nothing fitness team and got to attend a couple events with Cate Beaumont and Sandy.
Rae: How did you connect with Xio Axelrod for her latest release Camden?
Stu: I wouldn’t of been at RT without meeting Xio at a book event in Dublin 5 months before, I guess it was meant to be. Xio wrote Camden, we went to RT, so thank you Xio you are a star 🙂
Rae: How often do you attend conferences during the year to connect with readers and fans?
Stu: Whenever I get chance I attend book events to help the Authors promote their books, I go Rare and Lovenbooks readers events on a regular basis. I know the organizers really well and they are super nice people.
Rae: Did Xio and Cate Beaumont request a custom cover, or were the pictures on their books stock photos?
Stu: Yes, they both bought stock photo’s from different photographers. Cate bought from Scott Hoover and Xio from Franggy Yanez, both are great photographers.
Rae: Not only were you a professional Rugby player but you are a fitness coach and a cover model. How do you balance all of those jobs?
Stu: I love to keep busy, life is progress and progress is life. It’s important for me to be always moving forward and always learning something new. It keeps me in that positive frame of mind, which is so important in any career in life. Our mind controls everything, positive thoughts lead to positive actions.
I’m currently studying to be a yoga teacher and I am becoming better as a photographer and videographer, I will send you some of my own shots for this interview.
Rae: What inspired you to create Fear Nothing Fitness?
Stu: I wanted to help people reach there fitness goals and live a healthier lifestyle. Being a professional athlete all my adult life, health and fitness is all I have ever known, so staying working in health and fitness makes sense for me. It’s a great program with some fantastic members who are all super motivated people.
Rae: What obstacles do you face helping people virtually outside of a fitness studio and in your hometown?
Stu: Booth online and studio have pro’s and cons, it’s all down to the individual and what they really like and want from there fitness routine and lifestyle.
Rae: If a reader has never completed one of your six-week programs, or is just starting a fitness plan, what advice can you give them?
Stu: First step would always to eat healthy natural whole foods. It’s very hard to change your lifestyle or become healthier with a bad diet, both go hand in hand together. Diet would be the first thing you should correct. Start your activity off with what you can do, if you are moving you are improving.
Rae: Reading and writing is a sedentary job, any suggestions for authors and bloggers on how they can add cardio into their day?
Stu: Yes, start your day off with an early morning workout, run, walk, resistance or Hiit. Your day will start off better, you’ve got your workout in, you’ve released endorphin’s from your brain from working out making you feel in a positive frame of mind, you will eat breakfast after and kick start your metabolism.
Rae: Do you ever read any of the books that you appear on?
Stu: I read the back :), but no, I have never fully read a book I’m on. I read a lot of coaching, fitness, yoga study and diet books, not much of the romantic novels. I would if I had time.
Rae: How do you relax when you’re not working?
Stu: Yes, I love the simple things in life when I relax, I’m easy to please. I like nice meals,I love to travel, sunny weather, relaxing on the beach, movies, I love walking in the countryside, climbing mountains and I’m definitely an outside exploring person.
I do find it hard to relax and really switch off, I am a creative person so switching off completely is tough.
Rae: You have appeared on magazines, book covers and graced the internet, now it’s your turn for a dream photo shoot. Where are you and who or what is on the set with you?
Stu: I would to go exploring in Hawaii, Canada or Bali. All three look so beautiful, epic views, mountains, wilderness. So, if any photo-shoots come on along which need someone like me, just get in contact, I would jump at the chance. I would take Emma with me, my fiancee.
Rae: It’s about that time of the year, are there plans for a Stu Reardon 2018 Calendar? I’d love to get one for my office :).
Stu: Yes, I will be doing a new calendar :). Not sure on the design or layout yet, but I will be doing one. Soon as it’s ready I will let people know.
Rae: Where can readers find you on social media?
My own work social media sites:
Photography instagram https://www.instagram.com/stuartreardonphotography/
Photography Facebook https://www.facebook.com/stuartreardonphotography/
Thank you 🙂
Rae: That’s a lot of sites. Readers, go check it out!
**** Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book? Becoming a Supple Leopard.
2. What is the one place I should see if I visit your hometown? Grassington, countryside in Bradford it’s so beautiful.
3. Best vacation destination? Hard to answer as there is so much more of the world I want to see. I do love America.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I’m a very spiritual person, that’s my religion, spirituality.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Hard Rock.
6. Favorite Band or Artist? Artist: Ed Sheeran. Band: Kings of Leon
7. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world, where would you go? A South East Asia tour or visit every state in America.
8. What is your guilty pleasure? Dark chocolate or crisps.
9. What are you afraid of? Not making progress, that’s why I strive to consistently make progress. You have to face those fears head on.
10. Tats or no Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one?
Tat’s 🙂 I have them already and they are a part me. First one was a red devil, a bad idea when I was very young on my first lads holiday, with a fake ID :), I was 16 at the time. It’s gone now. Definitely get tattoo’s when your older and you know who you are and who you want to become.
11. Organized or Free Floating? I like to be super organized, but sometimes I’m not. 🙂
12. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Not a massive TV or show watcher as I’m too busy. The one show I watched is Game of Thrones, I love it.
13. What’s on your playlist? A wide variety of music. I like all kinds of music, definitely dance or rap for working out.
14. What play or musical do you want to see next? The Lion King musical.
15. Best tip for relaxing? Try switch off from everything. No phone, no TV, just sun, sea and great company.
16. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Hard to name my favorite movie. So many amazing movies out nowadays. I love sci-fi, action adventure, based on true story’s movies.
17. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? Both are great, how about a movie theater in your own home, 🙂 House goals, my own movie theater room.
18. What is one thing you can’t live without? Coffee :).
19. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? Both. I am a great cook, I cook everything at home, but it’s also super nice to eat out at cool restaurants and try new things.
20. If you could invite FIVE people to dinner (not friends or family – that’s too easy_ who would you invite?
Forbes top 5 richest people in the world in 2017, then I would cook an amazing meal and pitch one of my ideas to them for investment, like Dragons Den the TV program over here. 🙂
21. Motorcycle or bicycle? Motorcycle.
22. Person or persons you admire and why? My Mum and dad for the struggle they have been through, which didn’t change there kind hearts and souls.
23. Best date ever? Vegas and the helicopter to champagne reception in the grand canyon where I asked Emma to marry me.
24. If you could try one job for a day, what would it be? Movie star / actor
25. What theme park has the best roller coasters or thrill rides? Alton Towers in UK, not been to loads to be honest, but that one has some great rides.
26. What is the best site for camping or an outdoor adventure? Snowdon Mountain in Wales or the lake district in the UK.
Rae: Thanks again for hanging out!
Stu: Your welcome 🙂 Best Wishes 🙂
** All photos used in this post were provided by Stu Reardon. **
ICYMI: My review of Camden