First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂
What would you order? If it’s cold outside, hot chocolate. Coffee gives me panic attacks so I steer clear of it. Now a good hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream…oh yeah!
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a few questions. But first I have to ask, how many books are you writing for the Westen Series? As many as I can. Right now I have a novella I’m planning to have out in December titled…CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS, which revolves around the wedding of Gage and Bobby from CLOSE TO THE EDGE. Then I’ll be taking a break to go back to the Edgars Family novels for a novella and a big book. When those are done, I’ll be coming back to Westen, where Wes Strong gets his big story titled CLOSE TO DANGER. And I have at least one or two more planned after that, but who knows?
8 Tantalizing Tidbits
- A Must read book and why? SAVING GRACE by Julie Garwood. I’ve read it almost 30 times. It’s my feel good book. It makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me cheer on the hero and heroine. I’ve hooked many non-romance readers on reading romance by loaning one of my two copies. 🙂
- What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Wow. There is more to see and do in Columbus than most people think. It’s the state capitol and in downtown there is the Ohio Theater, a movie house built in 1928 that has been restored and is a National Historic Landmark. There’s COSI, (the Center of Science and Industry) where you can take kids and spend the whole day investigating science on every level. The Ohio State University is in the North end of Columbus and a great place to visit, especially the Horse Shoe, where the Buckeyes play ball. But if I had to give one place everyone should visit it’s the Columbus Zoo, where Jack Hannah was the director, is director emeritus and where he really helped form it into a wonderful habitat based zoo.
- One thing readers would be surprised to know about you. Some already know it, but I’m a retired L&D nurse. I’ve caught more than 200 babies without a doctor in the room and worked 25 years on the night shift.
- Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band? Hard Rock. I’m not a one band kind of person. If the song speaks to me, makes me move and keeps me awake…it’s on the play list!
- If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? I‘d go with Scotland. Would love to tromp around the moors and pubs, listen to the locals so much I’d come home with an accent.
- Favorite TV show and why? NCIS. Gibbs
- What are you afraid of? Driving over bridges and super high overpasses. Don’t mind riding over them with someone else driving, but me at the wheel? No thank you.
- If you could invite 5 people to dinner, who would they be? Hmmm…. Benjamin Franklin, he had so many instruments and knew how to have a good time at a party. Lauren Bacall, because I think she’d be fascinating to talk to and get all the old Hollywood dirt. Clara Barton, I’d love to talk nursing and the Civil War with her. Peyton Manning, he’s one of the smartest, most articulate football players and I’m sure he and old Ben could have a good time. Billy Graham, he’s the one preacher who makes sense to me, and I’ve often wanted to pick his brain about religion and the bible.
Thanks for letting me hang out with you, Rae!
BIO:Suzanne discovered romance novels in her aunt’s hidden stash one summer as a teenager. From that moment on she knew two things: she loved romance stories and someday she’d be writing her own. Her love for romances has only grown over the years. It took her a number of years and a secondary career as a nurse to finally start writing her own stories.
Currently there are two main series she’s actively writing in: The Westen Series, a contemporary small town series based in a fictional Ohio town where “things aren’t always what they seem”, and features Close To Home, Close To The Edge and Close To The Fire. The second series is the Romantic Suspense books KIDNAPPED, HUNTED, SEIZED and VANISHED, featuring the Edgars family as they fight for justice, even if it means stepping slightly outside the rulebook.
KIDNAPPED and HUNTED were both Golden Heart finalist, and SEIZED, book #3 in the Edgars Family Novels, was a finalist in the novella category of the OKRWA’s National Reader’s Choice Awards contest.
Suzanne’s sexy stories, whether they be her on the edge of your seat romantic suspense or the small town romantic suspense stories they’ll keep you thinking about her characters long after their Happy Ever After is achieved.
You can Find Suz at: