Rae: Thanks so much for hanging out with me today. First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced Coffee with coconut milk. 🙂 ! What would you order?
Len: Oh my gosh! That is almost exactly what I’ve been drinking lately! I’ve been loving cold brewed coffee with coconut milk.
Rae: I am always fascinated with how a cover model got their start. How did you landed on your first book cover?
Len: I entered the Mr Romance competition at the RT convention in 2011 and won! Part of the prize package was a shoot for a book cover with Kensington Publishing. We ended up yielding three covers from that shoot.
(Photo Credit- Shevaun Williams)
Rae: Do you model for anything other than book covers?
Len: Book covers are just a caveat to my portfolio. I do mainstream modeling with an agency in Dallas, Denver, Kansas City, and of course Tulsa.
Rae: Are there any photos that you wish had been taken in a different way?
Len: I really don’t; I’m very forward thinking with any shoot I do and any repercussions. I don’t take any pictures that I don’t feel personify who I am as a person or don’t fall in line with my convictions.
Rae: What was it like at the RT Convention meeting up with authors, fans and bloggers? It was my first time and I was shocked at how massive and intimate the experience was.
Len: I enjoy my RT family and really look forward to seeing everyone every year.
(Photo credit- Charles Paz (Fifth Element Studios)
Rae: Are you able to meet up with readers at any other conferences during the year?
Len: The RT convention is the only book convention that I attend.
Rae; When you are not shooting covers, how do you spend you time?
Len: I am a busy man running an irrigation company and also modeling for clients with my agencies.
Rae; What is your idea of escape for a bit of relaxation when you want to disappear alone or with family?
Photo credit- Charles Paz (Fifth Element Studios)
Len: Finding a quiet beach and doing nothing. I’ve been to St Croix a couple of times and love that it’s not so touristy.
Rae: If you could have a dream photo session where or whom would it include?
Len: I would love to shoot for Aqua Di Gio cologne. I love the feel/sexiness of the ads both in magazines and commercials on tv.
Rae: Where can readers find you?
– Facebook- LenGunnModel
– instagram- LenGunnModel
– Twitter- LenGunnModel
It was so much fun having you here today!
**** Tantalizing Tidbits ****
1. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Pepe’s Pizza in New Haven! The nostalgia of how old it is and the service is one of a kind.
2. What is your best vacation destination? Malta
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I’m actually very shy which is why I started modeling; to force myself come out of my shell.
4. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world where would you go? Thailand. There is a lot of beautiful undisturbed area and an awesome culture.
5. What is your guilty pleasure? Pizza!
6. What are you afraid of? Failing as a father
7. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? None! I’m a virgin. I considered one a few times but come never come to terms with something that I would want on my body forever.
Rae: Thanks again. Time for another iced coffee!