Rae: Thank you so much for hanging out with me today. If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a spiced latte with Coconut Milk. 🙂 ! What would you order?
Lynne: I’d order tea, but I’d want it to be hot cocoa.
Rae: As fall is finally here, do you have any traditions? Do you decorate the house with the change of season?
Lynne: My street tends to go all out for Halloween, and my family does also. We’ve got a lot of big decorations.
Rae: For those hanging out today that are not familiar with your work, you write about hot sexy nights in Miami, military romance, a few Alpha Heroes, standalone Contemporary and Historical. That’s a lot. How do you keep it all organized and prevent unexpected “visits” into other worlds.
Lynne: I tend to work on 1-2 projects at once, and all of them have a book bible to help me keep track of things.
Rae: Your Worthy Series has a realness to it, did you spend time in Miami to capture all those little details? Can we expect more books in this series? Other series?
Lynne: I grew up in Miami and my parents still live there. I go down several times a year. The Worthy series is really a love song to my hometown. I’m thinking that Javier and Gabriel will be getting stories. But not for a while.
Rae: I know that you love baseball, are you excited about where your team is heading into the playoffs?
Lynne: Of course I’m excited that the Nationals are NL East Division champs!!! Bring on October!
Rae: Can we expect to see any sports infused into your books?
Lynne: Unlikely. I like sports romances, but I think other authors have cornered that market.
Rae: When you are writing a book, do you plot it out page by page, chapter by chapter? Or, do your characters guide you?
Lynne: I plot out story beats and do character sketches. That’s about it.
Rae: What can we expect to see on the bookshelves in the upcoming months? Do you have any new series in the works that you can give us a tease?
Lynne: I have a story called The Breeder coming out in January with Carina Press’s Dirty Bits line. It’s set in a future dystopian America, and it’s definitely the dirtiest thing I’ve ever written. How’s that for a tease?
Rae: It was so much fun having you here today!
***** Tasty Tidbits *******
1. What is a must read book and why? One? Hah! Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh, The Scoundrel’s Soldier by Cat Sebastian, The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley, the entire Immortals After Dark series by Kresley Cole
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? If you go to Miami, don’t spend the whole time on South Beach. Hit Wynwood, Coconut Grove, Calle Ocho, Vizcaya, get on a boat.
3. Do you take-in or cook? If so, what is your “go-to” dish? I cook almost every night. I’m in a cooking rut. I make the same rotation of meals every week.
4. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? That I’m terrified of flying, but I love to travel.
5. Hard Rock or Classical? Favorite Band or Artist? I used to be a little punk rock girl, but as an adult I let my kids control the radio. I love Jane’s Addiction.
6. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? It wouldn’t be for research, but I’d like to go to Australia & Japan.
7. What is your guilty pleasure? I eat a mint dark chocolate bar every day and I feel NO guilt! Oh, and I take really long hot showers. But I don’t live in a drought zone.
8. What are you afraid of? Failure. Watching my kids hurt.
9. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? No tats.
10. Organized or Free Floating? Organized by excel spreadsheets
11. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Binge & weekly- Odd Mom Out, I’m Sorry, The Flash, John Oliver.
12. What’s on your playlist? Nothing. See above
13. What play or musical do you want to see next? I still haven’t seen Hamilton. I have tickets to go see Mean Girls the musical next month.
14. Are you a crafter? I crochet, but I’m not very good.
15. What’s your favorite TV show and why? Don’t really have one. Depends on my mod.
16. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? None. Movies tend to ruin books. e.g. Harry Potter.
17. What’s your favorite movie of all time and why? Pride & Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, An American President
18. Would you rather see a movie in the theater or at home on DVD and why? Home. I like bathroom breaks and organic air popped popcorn.
19. What is the one thing you can’t live without? My family
20. If you could invite 5 people to dinner (not friends and family – that’s too easy) who would be at your table? Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Issa Rae, Anna Kendrick, Ellen DeGeneres. We’d laugh our asses off.
21. If you could try any career for a day, what would it be? Librarian
22. Person you admire and why? Michelle Obama because she never lost her cool at all the haters. And her clothes.
23. Most memorable sports game? Nationals walk off with Werth hitting the home run to clinch.
24. Fangirl moment – athlete, actor, singer…who and where? Dave Grohl at the Hard Rock hotel in Vegas. I followed him around the casino. He’s teeny- like I’d break him in half.
Rae: Thanks again for hanging out! Time for another spiced latte 🙂
Happy Reading Dear Readers. Happy Writing Lynne