First, If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂 What would you order? A soy latte 😉
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions.
How many books have you planned for this series? The Marin Test Series will be four books to conclude in 2016.
Was there anything that surprised you while writing a series with relationship issues? Nothing surprises me, but I think there were some things in The Man Test that surprised the readers.
What type of research did you do to prep for this series? I did a lot of San Francisco real estate research. There’s an apartment hunt in The Commitment Test. San Francisco is such a cool city.
Will we have to wait a while for the next book? I expect my next book to be out in the summertime, however it’s outside of the series and that’s all I can say for now. The next book in The Marin Test Series is expected to be out in winter 2015! Hope that’s not too long 🙂
Thanks so much for hanging out 🙂
8 Tantalizing Tidbits:
1. A Must read book and why? The Alchemist. It’s not women’s fiction, but it’s an incredible story that’s relevant to all people. One word. Amazing!
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? If you don’t live near an ocean, then definitely the beach. Last summer, I watched a group of dolphins play in the surf. It was pretty incredible.
3. What is your favorite movie of all time and why? I’ve had the same favorite movie since I was 5 years old. Dirty Dancing. It’s sexy romance, a coming of age, plus there’s dancing. And I love dancing. Why was I watching Dirty Dancing at 5 years old? I had a young, hip mother.
4. What is on your playlist when you write? I make a new list with every project I work on and add songs along the way. Here’s my spotify playlist for The Commitment Test: The Commitment Test
5. Do you watch a TV show weekly or binge watch? Both! I’m a huge TV fan. In fact, I hope to write a TV one day. My dream job would be writing for Grey’s Anatomy.
6. What’s your guilty pleasure? Cheese. I know that sounds weird, but I’m a non-dairy pescatarian. Cheese is a treat and I absolutely LOVE IT!
7. Biggest celebrity crush? My best friend and I keep a running top 5 list. Orlando Bloom has been at the top for over a decade.
8. If you could invite FIVE people to dinner (not family or friends – that’s too easy) who would you invite? It can be someone from the past or present, living or deceased.
Daisaku Ikeda- He’s an incredible example of a global citizen and humanitarian
Sara Bareilles- I’m a HUGE fan
Michael Jackson- Enough said!
Larry David- Someone needs to bring the jokes
Marie Forleo – She’s super smart and seems like a lot of fun
Amanda Aksel is an author with an affinity for love. Becoming a couples therapist was her “backup” career, and after completing her BA in Psychology she was on her way to solving love’s most complicated quandaries one couple at a time. Now she plans to solve love’s most complicated quandaries one novel at a time.
Social media links