Rae: Welcome to the blog. I’ve got a spiced Latte with Almond Milk and a drizzle of chocolate in my mug. What’s in your cuppa?
Meredith: Thank you so much for having us, Rae! You and I think alike! I’ve got a latte made with oat milk with a sprinkle of cocoa on top.
Rae: Congratulations on your recent release of Falling Through Air in the Anthology Love Gone Viral. I love that all the proceeds from the sale will be donated to World Central Kitchen and Feeding America. Romance fiction is so powerful and the community is so giving. I can’t wait to hear how much you all raise.
1. What is your must read book and why? Just about anything by Sarah MacLean – she’s an awesome writer who writes fantastic stories!
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite? Welcome to our nation’s capital, Washington, DC! There are simply too many restaurants to choose from, but two of my favorite are Tony Cheng’s—the best dim sum (Chinese dumplings) in town, and Lengano Ethopian Restaurant (which is actually in Silver Spring, MD, but it’s close enough).
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? The love of my life, the man I married nearly 30 years ago, is from Kolkata, India. When we married I learned to speak his native language, Bengali, and we’ve gone back to visit almost every year since our children were born so that they could know their family there, the language, and culture.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? Sitting in a café with a latte and a croissant chatting with a friend or writing. It’s my absolute favorite thing to do!
5. What are you afraid of? All sorts of nasty, horrible medical procedures.
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? Nope! One of my children has tatoos and I cried a little inside when they got them.
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Definitely weekly. I like to drag out a good story. I do the same thing with books – the more I enjoy it, the slower I read! My two favorite shows just now are Gilmore Girls and Gray’s Anatomy (yeah… I never saw them when they were being produced, so I am now).
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover, by Sarah MacLean. There’s some fun stuff in there I’d love to see come to life!
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Air… er… my husband… Consumables? Tea. Or French fries… yeah… French fries!
10. What’s the one career gives you the shudders? Garbage collector. No thank you!
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see? Nothing! I carry to smallest, tiniest little purse I can get away with. Whatever fits my phone, a small wallet, a pen, and a pair of reading glasses (yeah, I’m old!).
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use? Gmail, and that horrible game I’m addicted to (Homescapes – argh! I can’t stop playing!).
Meredith Bond‘s books straddle that beautiful line between historical romance and fantasy. An award-winning author, she writes fun traditional Regency romances, medieval Arthurian romances, and Regency romances with a touch of magic. Known for her characters “who slip readily into one’s heart,” Meredith loves to take her readers on a journey they won’t soon forget.
Merry loves connecting with readers. Be sure to find her:
And don’t forget to sign up for her newsletter: http://meredithbond.com/subscribe/ and get a free short story every month along with all of Merry’s news and the opportunity to get her next book before it’s even published!