*** Congratulations Valorie P – you have won a signed paperback of Mark of Truth.
You have 24 hours to claim your prize! ***
Rae: Thank you Graceley Knox, Author of Mark of Truth, for hanging out with me today.
Graceley: Hi, Rae! Thanks for having me!
Rae: If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking an iced Latte with Coconut milk. What would you order?
Graceley: First off, I’m an ex-barista so my drink changes with my mood. Currently, I’m loving plain ole drip coffee (Black Rifle Coffee Co is a fave as well as a new one I just found, which is from a restaurant called First Watch). But usually, I’m a Starbucks Double shot with hazelnut and soy.
Rae: I must say congratulations on your book release tomorrow. In The Wicked Kingdom series you delve into a world of Elves, Goblins and Fae. Can you tell the readers your inspiration for your paranormal/fantasy debut series?
Graceley: Thank you! I’m so excited. And terrified, but mostly excited for tomorrow! As for my inspiration, I grew up reading about magical creatures, and different Celtic legends. It sort of became an obsession of mine. I was having trouble finding a good Fae series to read after I read all the greats, thus, I wrote a book I’d pick up in the store and then spend all night reading! Also, Ever wouldn’t leave me alone, so I had to write her first.
Rae: Is this a spicy series?
Graceley: Yes, the series is spicy. Book one is a bit of a slow burn, but book two really heats up ;). Early readers have been threatening to throw kindles at me if I don’t give them book three, lickety split!
Rae: Your website graphics are stunning – how did you come up with the design concept?
Graceley: Thank you! I can’t take any credit other than finding one stock image though! My cover designer, Desiree DeOrto, actually read Mark of Truth so when it came time for the cover, she told me to step aside, and ta-da, there is her genius. As for the teasers, Renee Ericson did those. The green magic that is my website is all her. Literally all I told her is, I’m feeling the color green for this, and she whipped it up.
Rae: What is your writing process? Are you a writer that sits at the computer 9-5 or do you squeeze it in when you can?
Graceley: As for my writing, I squeeze it in when I can. I work in the publishing industry by day, and I usually write late at night, on a plane traveling somewhere, or sitting on my deck at my house. My writing process usually involves me sprinting with a few of my writing friends, a solid playlist for whatever scene I’m writing, and coffee. Lots of coffee!
Rae: What can we expect to see in 2017?
Graceley: I’m hoping to release books two and three in the series, in short order (more on that soon). I also have plans to write a trilogy this year as well, which I plan to publish in early 2018!
Rae: If readers want to find you, where will you be in the upcoming months?
Graceley: I’m not attending any signings as of right now, my schedule is pretty full with work, but they can always find me online! I’m never far from my phone or social media!
Rae: I am thrilled you were able to join me today and look forward to the book release tour tomorrow. Readers be sure to stop by and check out Mark of Truth!
Graceley: Thanks so much for having me!
***** 11 Tantalizing Tidbits *****
1. What is a must read book and why? Anything Laurell K. Hamilton. Anita Blake and Merry Gentry, are hands down, out of this world incredible reads.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? The bookstore of course! That was my favorite haunt growing up and still is when I visit! Toadstool Bookshop is the name of it. And they make a killer latte as well!
3. Castles or Beaches? Why not a castle on the beach?
4. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? Ireland or Scotland. I’m wicked Irish so I’d love to see the homeland!
5. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? I’ve got 18 tattoos currently, and plan on plenty more! My first one was a tattoo for my Nana after she passed away.
6. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Binge all the way! I can’t stand the waiting! Currently I’m watching Criminal Minds, but Supernatural and Bones are also favorites I re-watch all the time!
7. What is on your playlist? What isn’t on my playlist LOL? I’ve got George Strait, Ruelle, this artist Caitlyn Smith I saw play at a dive bar in Nashville a few weeks ago, some Nickelback, AC/DC is a favorite, as well as Yo-Yo Ma and Fall Out Boy. Just depends on my mood!
8. What is your favorite movie of all time and why? I can’t pick just one, but I’m a sucker for an action movie. Faves include, Live Free Die Hard, Harry Potter (the entire series), Lawless, Boondock Saints, and the Bourne movies!
9. Motorcycle or bicycle? I grew up on motorcycles, so bikes all the way! Harley Davidsons or Indians are my jam.
10. Person or persons you admire and why? Meredith Wild. That’s a woman who doesn’t take no for an answer. She’s also incredibly kind, thoughtful, talented, and did I mention amazing?
11. If you could give your 21 year old self advice what would it be? Tell your cousins to put down the camera LOL.
For a chance to win a SIGNED Paperback of Mark of Truth….tell us ..
What is your favorite movie and why?
Contest runs from 5/22/17 7:00 AM thru 5/24/17 12 Noon Winner will be announced on this blog post on 5/24/17.
Winner MUST comment on this post within 24 hours to claim their prize or a new winner will be randomly selected.
Be sure to follow me the blog (link on homepage), Facebook Page (Books I Love A Latte Page) and Twitter @RaeLatte so you don’t miss that announcement post!
Be sure to swing by Graceley Knox and follow her on twitter (@graceleyknox) to stay up to date on the world of Elves, Goblins, and Fae! Not to mention other amazing news!
Graceley Knox is an up and coming paranormal and fantasy romance author with a serious caffeine and book addiction. She prefers to listen to music while she writes and is a former New Englander living on the Gulf Coast of Florida. By day she works in the publishing industry, and by night, she plots out the many ideas cluttering her mind. When she’s not reading, writing, or hanging out with her large extended family you can find her on her various social media accounts.