First, If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂
What would you order? I used to be a venti nonfat latte girl. Now I’m coffee, black. Or coffee with heavy cream.
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions.
You write under two different names and across many genres. If someone is reading this today and they’ve never read one of your books, where would you recommend they start? If they are into sexy books, definitely start with Release Me. If they prefer lighter books, then Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom
Do you see the Stark Series going beyond Stark International? I think my answer to your question is yes 🙂 I envision Stark International as potentially unending. It’s conceived as a collection of trilogies featuring different heroes and heroines from the world of Stark International.
8 Tantalizing Tidbits:
1. A Must read book and why? To Kill a Mockingbird – brilliantly told, moving and a classic
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? San Gabriel Park
3. What is your favorite movie of all time and why? Star Wars (NOT the later trilogy)
it holds tons of fabulous memories for me from when I was a kid.
4. When you plot out your book do you know how it will end or do you figure it out as you go? I have to know how it ends before I can start it. But that doesn’t mean the ending stays the same by the time I get there.
5. Do you watch a TV show weekly or binge watch? BINGE!
6. First concert you attended? I **think** this was my first — Barry Manilow. (yes, I know. And we actually waited in the rain for tickets)
7. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere for research, where would you go? Australia
8. If you could invite Five people to dinner (not family or friends -that’s too easy ) who would you invite? It can be someone from the past or present, living or deceased.
(this list is subject to change with my whim and my mood!)
Leonardo Da Vinci
David O. Selznick
J. Kenner (aka Julie Kenner) is the New York Times, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Wall Street Journal and International bestselling author of over seventy novels, novellas and short stories in a variety of genres.
Though known primarily for her award-winning and international bestselling erotic romances (including the Stark and Most Wanted series) that have reached as high as #2 on the New York Times bestseller list, JK has been writing full time for over a decade in a variety of genres including paranormal and contemporary romance, “chicklit” suspense, urban fantasy, Victorian-era thrillers (coming soon), and paranormal mommy lit.
Her foray into the latter, Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom by Julie Kenner, has been consistently in development in Hollywood since prior to publication. Most recently, it has been optioned by Warner Brothers Television for development as series on the CW Network with Alloy Entertainment producing.
JK has been praised by Publishers Weekly as an author with a “flair for dialogue and eccentric characterizations” and by RT Bookclub for having “cornered the market on sinfully attractive, dominant antiheroes and the women who swopn for him.” A three time finalist for Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA award, JK took home the first RITA trophy awarded in the category of erotic romance in 2014 for her novel, Claim Me (book 2 of her Stark Trilogy).
Her books have sold well over a million copies and are published in over over twenty countries.
In her previous career as an attorney, JK worked as a clerk on the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and practiced primarily civil, entertainment and First Amendment litigation in Los Angeles and Irvine, California, as well as in Austin, Texas. She currently lives in Central Texas, with her husband, two daughters, and two rather spastic cats.