Welcome Jeanne! Thanks for taking time to chat with me.
Your fans will be happy to know that The Tentacle Affaire is almost here!
Release Day is almost here! Yay!
If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte of course!
What would you order?
I’d order a Decaf Venti Skim Extra-Whip-Cream mocha!!
8 Tidbits for your readers:
1. A Must read book and why? Renegade by Nancy Northcott- One of the best magical-related adventure/romances I’ve read in recent years. Really, really fast-paced and cool!! Great start to a new series as well.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? My “hometown” is about the size of a pea, and there just isn’t much to see there. However, the nearest town of any size, Wilkesboro, NC features The Tory Oak. The general story is that the original tree was a “hanging tree” for Tories who tried to turn the area over to the British during the Revolution. The tree was well over 300 years old when it perished in 1997. It was replaced by another Black Oak tree and an historic marker was erected to commemorate the tree. All the Wilkesboro high School Class rings up until the 1990s featured the Tory Oak.
3. Castles or Beaches? – Castles! I adore them, they have places to hide, they have treasure and ghosts and all manner of interesting things
to engage the mind. I love the beach, but I love castles more! (And my bucket list castle-to-visit is Rosslyn Castle in Scotland!)
4. Hard Rock or Classical? I love them both, but if I absolutely had to choose, Hard Rock all the way. Grins.
5. If you had an all expenses paid trip anywhere in the world for research, where would you go? Scotland, Scotland and then, perhaps, Scotland. I want to see the standing stones, the Isle of Lewis, the Military Tattoo at Edinburgh Castle, the Kelpies, and Doon the Chippy in Glasgow…and virtually everything else I can see. So, yes. Scotland.
6. What is your guilty pleasure? Coffee ice cream milkshakes from Baskin Robbins or coffee milkshakes with whipped cream from a local burger joint call BGR.
7. What are you afraid of? Ticks. I loathe and despise them. They’re one of the few things on the planet that give me the creeping horrors.
8. Organized or Free Floating? Both. I’m really, really organized about some things. Others? It’s the pile-and-bulldoze system of organization. Ha! Mostly, I’m a fly by the seat of your pants gals. I’m organized in a way only I can understand.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to chat! Looking forward to everyone finding out what I already know, The Tentacle Affaire is fabulous!
Although Jeanne Adams likes calling North Carolina home, she lives in DC, where The Tentacle Affaire is set, and often jogs on the C&O towpath with her dogs. Her favorite holiday is Halloween. She starts planning the annual yard decor on November 1. Alas, in this case however, the “Adams Family” – one husband, two sons and three dogs – is all bark and no bite.
On another spooky note, Jeanne used to work in the funeral and cemetery business, and knows a thing or two about getting rid of the body….bwhahahah! (She even teaches classes about it to other writers!)
Jeanne has written suspense novels for Kensington/Zebra Publishing since 2007. THE TENTACLE AFFAIRE is her first urban fantasy/romance.