First, If we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂
What would you order? Cappuccino! But I love lattes.
Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions.
How many books do you plan to write with the men of the New Jersey Sonics? THE BOYS OF SUMMER series will consist of four books.
What inspired you to write about a Baseball Team? I was inspired to do a baseball romance theory by the Philadelphia Phillies. My daughter and I had Sunday season tickets for years. I had written historical’s previously, but in watching those gorgeous baseball players, I realized no swashbuckling hero of the past had anything on these boys!
What type of research did you do to prep for this series? I became an avid fan, watched the games consistently, read about the players in the paper to understand more about their personal lives, interviewed an expert (my daughter), and actually met the team at a charity event which inspired the first book BRING ON THE HEAT.
Congratulations and Happy Release Day for TOO HOT TO HANDLE! How long will we have to wait for the next book? Book 3, the HEAT OF THE MOMENT will debut late spring.
8 Tantalizing Tidbits:
1. A Must read book and why? There are so many great books! But I’d have to say TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. It was written with such sensitivity, not only about the trial and racial issues, but even the scenes with some of the less fortunate people in town show such a keen understanding of human nature. It is one of my absolute favorites.
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? The Log cabins and the lakes. There are 22 lakes and over 150 log cabins, most of which were built in the early 1900s. There are also two very talented psychic mediums in our area. The experience is amazing.
3. What is your favorite movie of all time and why? RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK. I know I should say something more intellectual, but I can’t help it. I’ve been in love with Harrison Ford since I can remember and true love lasts a lifetime.
4. When you plot out your book do you know how it will end or do you figure it out as you go? I start with the general idea of the story and the characters. I then write the first couple of chapters to get a feel for these people, and the situation. I then write a synopsis. I’ve read Michael Hauge’s books about plot structure, and highly recommend them.
5. What is on your playlist when you write? I like the house quiet.
6. Do you watch a TV show weekly or binge watch? I am guilty of watching the Bachelor and Bachelorette. The tweets are awesome!
7. What’s your guilty pleasure? See above.
8. What is the craziest souvenir you picked up while traveling? Do you collect things when you travel? I have a Guinness pebble in my purse that you get in Ireland when you go on the tour. It says: Believe, and contains a drop of stout. It’s a good luck charm for me. I lost it one time, and my brother actually ordered a replacement for me.
Hire someone to do the job or fix it yourself? I have a handyman who has saved my life. I can’t paint without getting it everywhere, and if I attempted household repairs it would look an old Three Stooges episode.
Thank you so much I had a great time! Thanks again!
Katie Rose is the award-winning author of 12 historical, three novellas, and two contemporary romances published under the name of Katie Rose and Colleen Quinn. Katie made her contemporary debut in 2014 with a baseball romance series entitled the Boys of Summer. BRING ON THE HEAT was published in August 2014, and the second book of the series, TOO HOT TO HANDLE will appear January 27, 2015. A long time Phillies fan, Katie combines her love of baseball, romance, and fun in the sports themed romances. A graduate of Temple University with a BA in Journalism, Katie is the recipient of the Doug Perry award, and the Romantic Times Achievement Award. Katie lives on a lake in Medford Lakes New Jersey, and is hard at work on the next book of the series, the HEAT OF THE MOMENT