First, if we were meeting at a coffee shop I’d be drinking a Latte 🙂 What would you order? I usually drink a soy latte, but I’ve given up caffeine. 🙁 On the up side, I’ve temporarily replaced it with sugar just to get over the doldrums. Or because I like sugar! So…it’ll be a decaf mocha or creme brulee or something amazing except for the no caffeine part. You know, I feel like I’m not nearly as sharp without the caffeine kick, so any tendency to ramble is completely blamed on that. Or because I generally babble…
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer a few questions. You write so many different series, which one do you find the most challenging? I really enjoy the Bridal Favors Series – will there be any more books? If so how many books do you anticipate in this series? How much research did you do for this? What can we look forward to in 2015?
What I find challenging is staying in one genre for more than two books in a row. I guess I get bored easily. Historicals are more lyrical, slower paced, and really get deep into the characters. I’m also moving more funny with them, so it’s a real challenge to mix in humor without losing the epic feel. My Kathy Lyons contemporaries are light and fun with more action and less depth. They’re a good switch up before diving back into a lush historical.
And yes, I’m staying in the Bridal Favors world, but not calling it that. The next book is FIFTY WAYS TO RUIN A RAKE. It’s probably the best book I’ve ever written. It’s funny and sexy. They’ve given a new series name to it–Not Quite Ladies–and it’s the beginning of the new funnier Jade Lee. But it’s still got some favorite characters from the Bridal Favors series. Clear as mud? Oh, and there will be at least 3 more books, but probably more beyond that as well. Lots of people to make sure find love!
8 Tantalizing Tidbits:
1. A Must read book and why? Oh lord…I hate answering questions like this. People hand me books all the time and tell me that I must read this book because of one reason or another. But if I’m not in the mood or don’t like the topic, it’s not a must read for me. Going back to the classics, I loved THE ONCE AND FUTURE KING. But then I also adore the Dresden books by Jim Butcher. Want romance? I’m going to tell you that my books are the best because for me, they are. After all, who is my first reader? MYSELF! So I told myself a great story! How about mystery? Well, don’t look at me. I haven’t a clue. Which means — I’ve got no answer for you! Just read!
2. What is one place that I should see if I visit your hometown? Worse and worse! I live near the University of Illinois which offers a huge variety of whatever thrills you. Pick a Big 10 sport –we got it! Want culture? Both the U of I and Parkland Community College offer theater, choral, and orchestral events. I love custom jewelry. So I often go to gem shows at Christopher’s Fine Jewelry. They’re fun just to hang out and browse. And then we have a couple big movie theaters and a ton of stuff I haven’t even thought of yet. What’s your pleasure? You can find something like it around here. We are the cultural capitol of the cornfields!
3. Castles or Beaches? Beaches! Sand, sun, and hot surfers to ogle. What’s not to love?
4. One thing readers would be surprised to know about you. I went pro in racquetball for two weeks before blowing my knees. I never even filled out the paperwork, but in my mind, I was a pro athlete. For a very short period of time…
5. What is your guilty pleasure? Plants vs. Zombies 2. OMG, I play too much of it. It’s an addictive game/ap. I’ve even sucked others into the addiction.
6. What are you afraid of? A meaningless life. Seriously. I’d like to have a positive effect on the world. Don’t know that I do that by writing romance, but I’d like to think so. I feel called to write–joyously and creatively–so hopefully that means something. Or it might just mean I like writing about happily ever after with a lot of hot sex…
7. Would you rather see a movie in the theatre or at home on DVD and why? I love the movie experience, but honestly…I’m a middle aged woman. I have to pee a lot. I love pausing the movie, going to the bathroom, then probably visiting the kitchen afterwards for some chocolate. (I’m a chocoholic). Plus, I have a cat who likes lap time while I watch. Can’t get warm lap kitty in a movie theater! So all in all–at home movies!
8. Do you love to cook or go out to eat? It would be hard to express how terrible a cook I am. Flat out AWFUL. So…out to eat whenever possible. Otherwise it’s hot dogs and yogurt cups. Sounds disgusting, huh? Yeah. That’s how bad I cook.
Bonus Tidbit- thank you 🙂
9. If you could invite 3 people to dinner (not friends and family – that’s too easy) who would you invite? It could be anyone past or present. I would love to sit down with Joss Whedon. OMG, he’s brilliant. As is Steven Moffat (BBC Writer/producer for Dr. Who and Sherlock) And then I’d love to add in Johnny Depp because he seems to be so eclectic in his art. I’d love his perspective. In short — three of the great artists of our day. I want to talk to them about their work. How they work. I want to learn from them. I want to absorb their ambiance. I want to get all fan girly on them. And then I’d just like to listen.
Here’s the link to her Bio Page: https://jadeleeauthor.com/bio